• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

limmy-double-down.gif

His CV is pretty good tbf.

Won the U17 World Cup with England
Two seasons at Swansea, made the playoffs both times, nothing to spend
Took over Forest with them bottom of the league then got promoted in the same season. Then kept them up

His football isn't my cup of tea and he's a moaning bastard whenever they don't win but he doesn't have a failure to speak of as yet.
I think this is it, really. I've no idea what "his football" is. It's all well and good to play on the break when you've got MGW, Johnson, and defier-of-the-eye-test Awoniyi, but without them I can't make heads or tails out of any genuine patterns of play from Forest.

Fully accept that the same could have been levelled at O'Neil and Bournemouth last season whenever Billing didn't play.

or its just a bit of noise "well we tried for the best but instead, please welcome John Eustace to the BET365 Stadium"
Well of course it is. “As a former player he was tempted by our offer but it’s the right job at the wrong time”

I quite like Cooper & don't get the vitriol he seems to attract. In addition to DW's numerous good points it's good seeing a younger British manager coming through & holding their own. He seems a good coach & all his teams have been pretty effective given their resources. He's had to manage some difficult situations too.

I quite like Cooper & don't get the vitriol he seems to attract.
He acted like a twat after both our away games last season and there was something between him and GON at full time on Saturday. I think his work doesn't get the credit it deserves by some, his turdiness gets the vitriol it deserves though.

Screenshot_20231211_195607_Chrome.jpg

Saw a mention Nuno as well. Just enjoy the last 2 pay offs chap.

I quite like Cooper & don't get the vitriol he seems to attract. In addition to DW's numerous good points it's good seeing a younger British manager coming through & holding their own. He seems a good coach & all his teams have been pretty effective given their resources. He's had to manage some difficult situations too.
He gets grief for his post match comments and behaviour, often blames officials but then is disingenuous to things that go his way.
I don’t think anyone has said he’s shit just a bit of an arse.

He gets grief for his post match comments and behaviour, often blames officials but then is disingenuous to things that go his way.
I don’t think anyone has said he’s shit just a bit of an arse.
Yes, the bit in the middle.

Feels like he's talking about Spanish media in the first person

Feels like he's talking about Spanish media in the first person
Between Balague and JL - They're hard to like . I'm sure JL will pick up a job somewhere , but having your mate bat for you on X at every turn and twist is a bit much .

A lot of Ballbag's arguments there could be applied equally to Rafa Benitez, who would obviously be a terrible appointment.

Looks like Sunderland are going to appoint Will Still, the football manager guy from Reims

A Sunderland game on TV will contain a thousand mentions of FM then.

A last minute winner "and you only thought this kind of drama was possible on Football Manager" etc etc

Doesn't smell right to me. The rumour is he's applied, I don't see him sending in a CV and a covering letter. If he was interested he'd have got Mendes to sort it out. I don't see why he'd be interested at this stage of the season. In the Summer with the promise of significant backing maybe, but not now with them 11 points off the play offs

Back