• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Part of me hopes Nuno is reinvigorated just out of love for the man but I can’t want Forest to do well.

Wonder what he’ll do with MGW!
I hope he does well, I'm not that anti Forest, last 2 seasons apart.

From the Guardian.

Forest also held talks with the former Eintracht Frankfurt manager Oliver Glasner, who expressed a willingness to take the job, but Glasner was behind Nuno in the thinking of Forest’s owner, Evangelos Marinakis. Julen Lopetegui was on Forest’s radar but discussions with the former Wolves manager did not progress.

I can't imagine it went much past what wages he wanted and the amount of players he wanted to sign.

Maranakis has a clear track record of signing no bugger at all so I reckon that was it. It probably tripped over when Maranakis said “you will be having all these players I want you to have” when JL asked for control of transfer policy. Not numbers just player choice I suspect.

A good effort with the song there I felt. Clearly never watched Nuno Wolves at our best though.

I guess we'll soon find out if Nuno actually does want a small squad or not. If so then they'll be making 15 players or so available for transfer.

Definitely some players there he won't like, Origi, Yates, Aurier, both keepers.

I quite like Forest, not really bought into he aggro in the last couple years and always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Nuno would be a very good appointment, and reckon it's a really good opportunity to rebuild his reputation

Not sure how Forest fans think they’ve earned the right to turn their noses up at Nuno, arrogant as fuck.

I quite like Forest, not really bought into he aggro in the last couple years and always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Nuno would be a very good appointment, and reckon it's a really good opportunity to rebuild his reputation
Strange isn't it how the football fan psyche works? I've followed football for over 60 years and never liked Forest.

I guess my attitude towards Forest stems from the Clough days, they had a really good team and a little team like them managed to win the league and European Cup. Sucker for a giant killing me.

Back