• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Difficult for Palace, what are they supposed to do? They can't just keep him as manager because he's ill?
I wasn't a serious jab at them.

Bad timing for them from a PR view as he was about to leave on the day he went to hospital. Just his replacement doesn't officially start until after their game tonight

Napoli sacked Rudi Garcia after some poor results. There had been talk of Antonio Conte replacing him but they've appointed Walter Mazzarri on a short term deal. Igor Tudor wanted 2 year commitment. I think Mazzarri may be keeping the seat warm for Conte next summer
Mazzarri sacked now.

Francesco Calzona taking over but keeping his job as head coach of Slovakia

Mazzarri sacked now.

Francesco Calzona taking over but keeping his job as head coach of Slovakia
Yeah Mazzarri was a poor appointment for the reigning champions, have never heard of Calzona and he's 55 so not exactly up and coming. Used to be an assistant at Napoli

Solid appointment for Palace, annoyingly. And completed really quickly, also annoyingly.

Begrudging respect for Palace as their fans are always really noisy, and the few I've met great people too. Massively advantaged by being able to offer London living to any potential signing though, and I doubt I'll ever really get over those '90s play off disappointments. The bastards.

I was having such a shitty day at work that I hadn’t even noticed Beale had been sacked.

Impressive that he managed even fewer games for them than Di Canio did.

Chris Coleman , the latest person to turn down the Irish job . There is a real fear here that Neil Lennon will end up getting it by default .

I think the football rumour machine has malfunctioned

OGS - Linked to Bayern if Tuchel is binned

Bruce - Wants the Korea job but has Saudi clubs interested in him

Last edited:
Beale looks like a fella that needs extra training himself , of both the physical and mental variety .

Chris Coleman , the latest person to turn down the Irish job . There is a real fear here that Neil Lennon will end up getting it by default .
Did talk to them twice but wasn't offered to him, is unclear which party walked away from the talks ( think we dodged a bullet there). But either way wasn't down to the final candidate at that stage.
Still had others being interviewed, had 2 interviews with Anthony Hudson (would be amazed if anyone apart from Alan knew who he was), before telling him he wouldn't get it. But shows they are casting net far & wide and outside the obvious candidates.

Still rumours about Carsley & seemingly cost of backroom staff is the sticking point.

If Tuchel gets the tin tack at the weekend can see his assistant Anthony Barry going to the head of the queue.

A lot will have to happen before Lennon gets it, whole process has been a shambles, left one candidate sitting for ages as the FAI turned up late for the meeting, another one had venue changed at the last minute.

Will have to get it sorted soon & get right man as have virtually no credibility left

Back