• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Or blues are in such deep shit they can’t wait for him to recover enough to be able to fully do his job.

And checking the table the shit is indeed deep and the threat of league 1 is very real

I think he'd outperform Walter Shite and his no midfield tactics, but that's not the real quiz.

Being exceptionally good at anything doesn't seem to have been a requirement for that job just recently tbf.

Southgate can't turn the United job down surely. Would be the best paid manager in football.

I know it makes me an ungrateful, unrealistic TalkSport luddite, but I'd be well happy with that. The longer we stick with Southgate the more we'll waste some absolutely phenomenal talent

Next England manager odds.

Scromit. (Pep and Klopp excepted, which are never going to happen, obviously.)

1000043199.jpg

- Brought through numerous examples of exceptional talent
- Regularly gets rid of established players when they've outlived their use, Hart, Rooney, Alli, Sterling, Wilshere, Smalling etc etc
- Got England playing as a team rather than 11 individuals
- Fostered an environment where everyone other than an orange faced idiot wants to be involved
- Three of the best tournament performances that anyone under the age of 60 can possibly remember

Nah mate, sack him because he picks Jordan Henderson to be around the squad rather than having James Ward-Prowse run like an old woman instead.

Has to be the best performing English coach surely? Currently that's our Gaz😀

I like how only Southgate gets beaten with this stick too when if anything, he's less guilty of it than his predecessors and he can also point to his record if some moaning cunt comes along.

The multiple 70s mavericks have one thing in common, they hardly played for England.

Sir Bob got rid of Keegan and binned off Hoddle by 1988, and didn't play Gazza until right before Italia 90.

Taylor systematically stripped the squad of all flair. Barely picked Shearer.

Free spirit El Tel ignored Le Tissier throughout, hardly gave peak Collymore a go and pretty much never picked Ian Wright. Didn't pick Scholes or Beckham when they were coming through for United.

Hoddle also didn't pick Le Tissier and ended Gazza's England career so he could take Rob Lee to France 98 instead. Took Les Ferdinand to play 0 minutes after he'd scored 5 goals two seasons in a row for Spurs. Left Owen and Beckham out of the XI to start with.

Entertainer Keegan had an ancient Ince in CM and Dennis Wise wide left in Euro 2000. Didn't take Rio Ferdinand.

Sven couldn't be arsed with McManaman when he was winning multiple Champions Leagues for Real Madrid. Took Martin Keown as an extra CH to Japan/Korea 2002 (played 0 minutes) than any number of potential attacking players.

McClaren got rid of David fucking Beckham before having to backtrack (too late).

And so on and so on.

And yet there isn't this glaringly obvious player that Gareth Southgate is ignoring, misusing or wasting, just vague "he's too safe" and "we've outgrown him" statements that stand up to very little scrutiny.

Last edited:
I know y’all want trophies, but from the outside it would look a little crazy to bin the guy who got to a Euro Finals. Ain’t easy even with top talent, surely.

Who are we wasting?

Southgate is the most successful manager since Ramsey.

I know it's fashionable to piss and moan about him, but in terms of the squad and the teams he picks are they really THAT controversial?

I'm not talking about not picking the right players, I'm talking about him not getting the best out of players

Back