• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Most people outside wolves think Nuno’s crap because of Spurs. I hope he proves them wrong despite my dislike of them since they’ve come up

I mean you could make the case that he was last any good in English football in 2019/20 (you could say the same about say, Chris Wilder), and no-one cares what he did in Saudi. Of course I still think he's an excellent manager because of the wealth of credit he built up at Wolves, however it is starting to recede into the middle distance in footballing terms. 3-4 years is quite a long time.

Ultimately that's the limit at the moment in terms of English jobs if he wants one (given he isn't coming back here) and the longer he's away then the further he drifts from clubs' thoughts.

He's definitely a better manager than Steve Cooper all things considered, but again from Forest fans' point of view, he's taken them to a position they haven't occupied for around 25 years and has a real bond with the supporters, so they'll have their own bias.

Nice of Sky to be offering 1/2 on him this morning when the amount of noise from a number of sources made Cooper leaving practically certain.

Forest are such an oddly run club. Not a single tweet from them since Saturday morning. They just randomly go completely silent out of nowhere, not the first time either.

What I would say if any Forest fans are reading:

- Don't take our fans on Twitter as a barometer. They don't know they're fucking born
- He was absolutely amazing here on the whole, mileage varies on whether Covid broke him/he just couldn't evolve the team any more/it was simply having Raul broken that led to the pretty rubbish (but still easily safe) final year
- He's nobody's fool and will not put up with your gigantic headed owner interfering
- Related to the above, he left Wolves because he couldn't work with our de facto chairman any more
- He always operated with a very small squad here, no more than 20 senior players, often less. So we'll see how he goes with the cast of Ben Hur
- Be prepared to sit in a lot during first halves and gradually spring into life later on
- It's not an intense pressing style but it does rely a lot on the forwards and midfielders choosing the right moments to pick the opposition off
- If a player falls out of favour then they pretty much never come back
- Don't bother listening to his interviews and press conferences :D He never says anything
- If you buy into what he does he will buy into you, he's not a mercenary
- I wouldn't worry too much about Mendes influence, he's a diminishing force in football and we didn't tend to accept his crap (we did that more before Nuno arrived and after he left, if you want Guedes then please give us a call, also Nuno and Doherty is a bromance that we can make happen for you very easily)
- He is an AMAZING guy, I cannot stress that enough

Already a few rumours that Cooper will be at Palace soon.

Cooper will probably be at Palace before the season is out. Nuno at Forest might get messy, relationship with the owner will be interesting.
I’m certain Forest will be fine with Nuno in relation to relegation how that’ll materialise as a playing style or whether it’s enough I’m not sure. Forest fans are another odd bunch who think they’ve got a historical style of play a bit like West Ham.
I’ll find Forest a bit less annoying with Nuno there as opposed to Steve’s post match interviews of hard luck and no class from the opposition.

Pu55yman Dan is an elite Twitter account tbf

Nuno v Marinakis, wow, that's gonna be one to watch, with a tin hat on, of course.👷‍♂️

Some twat on sky sports news saying that Cooper “to a manager who has been sacked by the team 5th in the Saudi league is a sideways move at best” (or similar)

Forest fans are so deluded :ROFLMAO:

Back