• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

I would laugh my tits off if Nuno told them to do one. Billy Davies is still available.

I have such mixed feelings about this, might need to go and sit in a dark room and contemplate them for a while.

On a positive note it might make me start hating Forest less again

Tough gig, half the squad unhappy and the fans don't want him. With the caveat of that being social media which when it comes to Wolves isn't a decent barometer of match going fans.

As for Nuno, he left 3 years ago, it's his second job in England since, I'm ambivalent to him, whilst respecting and enjoying the job he did when he was here. Ideally I'd like Forest to go down, him being there doesn't change that.

Not the best time to come in really with 3 or 4 games quite close together. If he is to implement his style it could be a rough start.

He could end with a similar situation he had at Spurs where a few defeats together and the fans turn on him and their owner won't be afraid to boot him out. I hope he does well, I don't really care about Forest and the recent "rivalry" all seems to be because MGW told us to shush and acted like a bit of a nob.

If he fancies a reunion with Doc, I will get @Stan to drive him over.

Me wanting them to get relegated isn't really a rivalry thing more that they look the only feasible candidate to the promoted 3 teams and we'd be better off next season having one of those stay up, now we've settled for being permanent drain circlers

My mates tend to think he will get backed pretty quickly as their fans are quite fickle :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Im going to be daft enough to say Nuno won’t see the season out at forest

I think he's a great signing for them, unfortunately it seems their fans still love Cooper and don't really rate him. Could go downhill very quickly.
I suppose its a win, win for me. I'd like him to do well so that would be ok, or go horribly wrong and Forest end up in the relegation zone.

Well, on the positive side, I bet Gibbs-White is spitting blood right about now.

Forest don't bother me that much.

The biggest issue I have with the reaction to Nuno from other people is that they often judge him on his Spurs tenure, which is ridiculous.

I don't think I'll ever not have rose tinted glasses when it comes to him though. Absolutely adored the guy - and I'd be sorely tempted to swap him for GON if offered.

Nuno just 'got' Wolves, the city, the fans. That was never going to happen at Spurs, and it remains to be seen if it'll happen at Forest. They could have made an inspired appointment - it will hurt me to see him do well there though, just because of how it will remind me what we once had (I am of course assuming we linger in roughly the same place we are now, which is what I fully expect to happen).

Be interesting to see how it plays out for him, can't say as I've seen massive amounts of Forest in recent years but they've generally seemed pretty energetic and cavalier when I have so could be quite a bit transition if Nuno wants the same disciplined approach he had at Wolves.

Would probably suit their defenders who individually aren't great but imagine it'll be a big change for the attackers who seem to get a lot of freedom at the moment.

Looks like Troy Deeney is getting the Forest Green job. Bit of a snake Garry Monk at Swansea move.

Just seen that Percy reckons we seriously considered approaching Cooper after we lost 4-0 at home to Leicester under Davis.

I don't think he'd have kept us up.

We were actually above Forest at the time! Albeit only on goal difference, and it was 19th vs 20th.
They were looking to boot him out at the time weren't they? There seemed to be a period where he was on the brink but then surprisingly signed a new deal.

Back