• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Just gonna leave this here to trigger a few of the doubters...
Screenshot_20220415-091944_Facebook.jpg
Edit: list doesn't include Brady because he was retired when it was done I think.

Deebo is going to be traded. Can't imagine SF will be short of offers

Just going to have a bath before the draft kicks off. Think it could be quite an interesting first round.

Finding it hard to get excited about this. No trades, players much of a muchness, no huge surprises because nobody really had any idea who would go where. Difficult for a team to really mess it up though some will try.

Unbelievable draft for the Jets...on paper. Self congratulatory backslap for calling Pickett to the Steelers a few weeks ago. Only 1 QB in all the first round. They'll fly off the board in the second now the risk isn't so big. A very good night for Baker Mayfield I'd have thought

Finding it hard to get excited about this. No trades, players much of a muchness, no huge surprises because nobody really had any idea who would go where. Difficult for a team to really mess it up though some will try.
The Jags pick made no sense whatsoever tbf. Not even the best prospect at that position, let alone the best prospect in the draft.

The Jags pick made no sense whatsoever tbf. Not even the best prospect at that position, let alone the best prospect in the draft.
I'm glad it's not just me. I was convinced they would go for a tackle.

But going for an edge rusher was just odd.

I stayed up until 3 and the Washington pick. First few picks were all very standard and nothing was happening and then suddenly trades everywhere.

I'm glad it's not just me. I was convinced they would go for a tackle.

But going for an edge rusher was just odd.
They gave a 3 year extension to Cam Robinson the day beforehand so at that point it was always going to be a DE. The one they've chosen is very boom or bust though according to experts

I understand the context of when you made this post may be very different to the context of waking up this morning and reading the carnage!:D

I understand the context of when you made this post may be very different to the context of waking up this morning and reading the carnage!:D
Yes and no. I posted before the AJ Brown trade and the moving up and down in the draft, but maybe it's because this year is one of the poorer drafts. NY teams did well, and most other picks were graded as B - not great and not disastrous. Also the media seem less excited this year.

General view it's a very deep draft - players with better potential in the 3rd than most years apparently but lacking star quality at the top - hence it being line heavy. I guess that's a derivative of it being a poor QB class. The first time since 2000 only 1 went in the Top 2 rounds. Mac Jones would probably have gone 1st this year when he was 5th QB last

Last edited:
17 WRs drafted in the first 3 rounds I think I read. Plus 2 veteran WRs moved in trades.
With WR salaries exploding I think you are going to see a lot more of sides gambling on draft picks rather than paying good to average veterans. The elite will always earn their money, but examples like the Titans not wanting to pay AJ Brown $25m a year so picking a player who is comp'd to him instead in the draft will happen more often. What Burks becomes will justify whether that's wise or not in that instance

The WR market got completely screwed by the Raiders and Dolphins paying stupid money for Adams and Hill. The Bills felt they had to follow it up by overpaying Diggs to make sure they kept him. Not that they aren't great players, potentially the best 3 WRs in the NFL today, but those salaries for players who touch the ball probably less than 10 times a game on average is ridiculous really.

As QBs earn more and more money there is less for other players, but if the player throwing the ball is so important to a team, so should be the ones whose job is to catch it.

Teams that seem to have had really good draft weekends (not simply drafts but trades too):
Jets
Ravens (6 picks in Rd 4 helps)
Chiefs
Eagles
Bengals
Bills
Panthers (still no answer at QB though)
Giants
Cardinals

Giants and Jets both had 2 picks in the top 10 so you'd expect them to come out of it well I suppose.

Back