• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Jesus, man. That's awful. As if I needed any more reminders that life is fragile.

Horrible and shocking news, it seems like he was at a sort of team event/bonding thing arranged by Trubisky so potentially going to be other Steelers/Friends with them 😢, very sad to think about.

Derek Carr signed an extension with the Raiders. 3 years at 121.5 million, gives him just over 4 years total then with the existing year he has left.

Derek Carr signed an extension with the Raiders. 3 years at 121.5 million, gives him just over 4 years total then with the existing year he has left.
Good QB. The kind of QB you can definitely win with, though not necessarily win because of him.

With that in mind here's my 2022 QB Power Rankings on who would be currently starting - not based on just last season and ignores 2021 rookies.
1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Burrow
5. Allen
6. Watson
7. Herbert
8. R Wilson
9. Stafford
10.Prescott
11.Carr
12.Jackson
13.Murray
14.Cousins
15.Ryan
16.Tannehill
17.Hurts
18.Tua
19.Winston
20.Goff
21.Trubisky
22.Jones
23.Wentz
24.Mariota
25.Darnold
26.Lock

Last edited:
Am I missing someone here or are you just ignoring The Bears as we're crap?

Fields, Foles, Siemian?

Fields would be expected to start and was a 2021 rookie, so doesn't make the list?

Yes, too many variables with rookies, some like Lance barely played, but is expected to start in 2022 others like Lawrence are in bad situations or someone like Wilson improved towards the end of the season, but does that have any permanence?

I would not be at all surprised to see Teddy B start ahead of Tua. I don't think Tua is very good, though with the WRs he now has he probably just needs to be able to dink and dunk and let them do all the hard work.

I think he'll start unless he has a terrible training camp, no doubt he'll be on a short leash though

With that in mind here's my 2022 QB Power Rankings on who would be currently starting - not based on just last season and ignores 2021 rookies.
1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Burrow
5. Allen
6. Watson
7. Herbert
8. R Wilson
9. Stafford
10.Prescott
11.Carr
12.Jackson
13.Murray
14.Cousins
15.Ryan
16.Tannehill
17.Hurts
18.Tua
19.Winston
20.Goff
21.Trubisky
22.Jones
23.Wentz
24.Mariota
25.Darnold
26.Lock

Cousins and Carr should be swapped in this list, although I appreciate there's probably not much between that raft of QB's

Cousins and Carr should be swapped in this list, although I appreciate there's probably not much between that raft of QB's

I think it's a good list personally. On play of the last two seasons Carr is ahead of Cousins and Russ Wilson by most peoples thinking, and seeing as this is a predictive it's pretty much in line with my thinking or fair. I would personally have Carr over Dak but some of that is probably emotional, but Carr has 30 game-winning drives to his name (19th all-time) and ended the season with wins against the Browns (who were still roughly in contention) Broncos, Colts then Chargers to clinch a playoff spot, and then were narrowly close to eliminating the Bengals. He also leads or is top of a lot of downfield passing, air yards per attempt etc despite the fact people see him as overly safe and someone who is just a checkdown merchant.

Factoring in the loss of the coach, WR1, Waller being out so often and a poor O-line that is an accomplishment that many more talented QBs wouldn't have managed.

Last edited:
I think it's a good list personally. On play of the last two seasons Carr is ahead of Cousins and Russ Wilson by most peoples thinking, and seeing as this is a predictive it's pretty much in line with my thinking or fair. I would personally have Carr over Dak but some of that is probably emotional, but Carr has 30 game-winning drives to his name (19th all-time) and ended the season with wins against the Browns (who were still roughly in contention) Broncos, Colts then Chargers to clinch a playoff spot, and then were narrowly close to eliminating the Bengals. He also leads or is top of a lot of downfield passing, air yards per attempt etc despite the fact people see him as overly safe and someone who is just a checkdown merchant.

Factoring in the loss of the coach, WR1, Waller being out so often and a poor O-line that is an accomplishment that many more talented QBs wouldn't have managed.
Cousins numbers have beat Carrs every single season they've played. Carr has never won a play off game I think 11 is a touch high for me.

Last edited:
1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Brady
4. Burrow
5. Allen
6. Watson
7. Herbert
8. R Wilson
9. Stafford
10.Prescott
11.Carr
12.Jackson
13.Murray
14.Cousins
15.Ryan
16.Tannehill
17.Hurts
18.Tua
19.Winston
20.Goff
21.Trubisky
22.Jones
23.Wentz
24.Mariota
25.Darnold
26.Lock
There's a fair few very good QBs on that list, and also several who will not win you many games. Hurts at 17 shows just how bad some of the others are (sorry TT). I think Wentz might have a decent half-season, but at some point it will go tits up for the Commanders.
I've been saying this for years, but Brady is facing a serious decline soon. Though he must be confident he has still got it.

There's a fair few very good QBs on that list, and also several who will not win you many games. Hurts at 17 shows just how bad some of the others are (sorry TT). I think Wentz might have a decent half-season, but at some point it will go tits up for the Commanders.
I've been saying this for years, but Brady is facing a serious decline soon. Though he must be confident he has still got it.
Yes, anyone from 15 down would like to improve their position if they could. The respective teams with 12 &13 don't seem all in on them. As you know I like Hurts the man, but not really the player. A couple of those towards the bottom won't end up playing as Pickett will go somewhere and start as a rookie whilst Mayfield and possibly Jimmy G will end up being traded. Also worth noting that 6 of the Top 8 and 8 of the Top 12 are AFC

Cousins numbers have beat Carrs every single season they've played. Carr has never won a play off game I think 11 is a touch high for me.

He is 1-3 in playoff games so hardly a true case of being better, he has been on a franchise that is stable and had several good to great Defences in the same time Carr has had historically bad ones, he had Thielen, Diggs, now Jefferson as targets too as opposed to Carr's previous best WR being Amari Cooper, who has now been unwanted in the end by his two NFL teams.

Neither are going to overcome their surroundings totally, but Carr has a greater mental application of the game than Cousins would be my view, I quite like Cousins but he himself doesn't seem very well-liked by teammates. Huge year for Carr though, get it's a new coaching staff again but Raiders haven't had back to back winning seasons since 2001/2002, and you probably couldn't pick a worse division at the moment to be in.

Yes, anyone from 15 down would like to improve their position if they could. The respective teams with 12 &13 don't seem all in on them. As you know I like Hurts the man, but not really the player. A couple of those towards the bottom won't end up playing as Pickett will go somewhere and start as a rookie whilst Mayfield and possibly Jimmy G will end up being traded. Also worth noting that 6 of the Top 8 and 8 of the Top 12 are AFC

I feel that Steelers will be one of them, they can't seriously be thinking of starting with Trusbisky as the likely year-long starter.

It feels unusual in the sense that there was a lot of change this year, and you could imagine that everyone from Cousins down on your list (with the exception of Tannehill) might be on a prove it year or likely to be changed up next year if this year doesn't work out.

I feel that Steelers will be one of them, they can't seriously be thinking of starting with Trusbisky as the likely year-long starter.

It feels unusual in the sense that there was a lot of change this year, and you could imagine that everyone from Cousins down on your list (with the exception of Tannehill) might be on a prove it year or likely to be changed up next year if this year doesn't work out.
Pickett went to Pitt, so there's a lot of sense there, would need to move up to get him though. Willis is mocked to go earlier, but he's the Lance raw type that's likely to sit for most of the year.

Just looking at 3 mock 1st round drafts. One shows Pickett to the Lions with the 32nd pick, the other two both show him going to the Panthers at 6!. Two show Willis to the Seahawks at 9, the other has him going to the Steelers at 20. One has a QB named Matt Corral to the Saints at 16, one to the Commanders at 11, and the other does not have him in the 1st round at all.

There is a lot of guesswork with QBs and anything could happen.

Back