• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Grew up as a 49ers fan from what I hear.

Even at his age SF would probably have to give up a lot to get him.

On the Browns and their elite QB, that doesn't change that they seem to have at least two horrific weather games per year. Even with an elite QB you'd still think they are wise to focus on the run game.

Philadelphia have traded a 1st this year for one next with New Orleans plus future picks. Had to do it really as need 2 1sts next year to move on from Hurts when the QB draft class is supposedly stronger

Listening to the Around the NFL podcast Brady got him sacked. He really is the arseholes arsehole
Lots of reports of friction between the two. I think most people over here immediately assumed Brady was the real reason he retired.

If Brady/Bucs have a poor start to the season, it will be interesting to see who gets the blame.

Philadelphia have traded a 1st this year for one next with New Orleans plus future picks. Had to do it really as need 2 1sts next year to move on from Hurts when the QB draft class is supposedly stronger

I don''t think Hurts is a bad QB, he has a place in the league but the issue seems to be they need to decide if they want to commit to his strengths or not, he seemed to improve as a passer as the year went on and is effectively only just entering his 2nd or 2.5 year due to how fragmented his rookie year was.

Also people can talk all they want about the strength of this years QB class to next years, but most of them are the same people who said that Fields should have been the 2nd QB off the board and would show he was the best QB in the class (he didn't) that Lawrence was a generational talent that would show through is his first year (it didn't). It's still early on last years guys but zero of them have shown anything like the hype they were getting and Davis Mills has so far looked like one of the top 2 QBs from it.

I also can't believe that we are facing a season where Marcus Mariota and Mitch Trubisky are potentially week 1 starting QBs.

I've said before in some ways Hurts is the worst type of QB a team can have because he'll always win you games (especially in the NFC East) but isn't good enough to go far in the play offs, so a team is stuck in purgatory unless they mortgage the ranch in free agency or the draft. His talent makes him a mid tier QB, but unlike a Jimmy G, Tannehill or this version of Ryan he's not going to manage a game by completing the simple stuff and checking down, it's his legs that are his strength, his passing accuracy his biggest weakness. This season will make him or break him, I can't see them switching half way through to accommodate his strengths again, they want to throw the ball and utilise Goedart and Smith and possibly another 1st round receiver Hurts will either deliver that or be done.

As for Lawrence he didn't have a chance

Last edited:
Trubisky had a winning record as a QB in Chicago, for a clownshow organisation and bad coaching. He has put up pretty decent numbers and by all accounts is a pretty darned good guy with a really positive, hard working attitude. There are a lot of teams that could do worse than having Trubisky as their QB.

He also played on a side with a borderline elite D and showed he wasn't capable of winning games with his own QB talent. He is a lesser Jalen Hurts in that regard and I don't understand the difference between him and a Tyrod Taylor, other than thinking Tyrod is a more accurate passer.

He also played on a side with a borderline elite D and showed he wasn't capable of winning games with his own QB talent. He is a lesser Jalen Hurts in that regard and I don't understand the difference between him and a Tyrod Taylor, other than thinking Tyrod is a more accurate passer.
You're way wrong there. Taylor is hopelessly inaccurate and nowhere near as good a QB as Trubisky.

I don't think I am. Check this article out. I get it's just one piece of evidence but this is everything I used to see with Trubisky. His ceiling is like 24th best QB in most years. Him and Taylor are virtually the same player to me, except one is seen as a backup/bridge guy and the other gets a special pass for being massively overdrafted and not being good enough to be considered a starter over a year ago.

Last edited:
Taylor is absolute trash. I watched him for 3 years in Buffalo and he had maybe 1 half good game a season. He literally made the Bills less competitive by being scared to throw the ball. I wouldn't even want him as a backup. Terrible QB.

Taylor seemed competent for the Texans at the start of last season, but after an injury it looked like his confidence (and passing) had gone.

I described him as the 30th best QB in this thread when we were discussing the Texans last year as found it earlier, he also looked okay for the Browns. Calling him trash is unfair. He is not good, but then neither is Trubisky. I have noticed since we started discussing this that there have been tweets that Steelers are very keen on a QB in the draft, and have been hosting multiple QBs in the manner that a team does when considering one. So will be interesting to see what happens there then.

Back