• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Multiple 49ers’ players have said they had no idea that OT rules were different in the playoffs this year.

That’s abhorrent coaching.
Doesn't say much for the players intelligence either in my opinion, not knowing the rules to the most important game you're likely to ever play seems a failure on all counts.

Doesn't say much for the players intelligence either in my opinion, not knowing the rules to the most important game you're likely to ever play seems a failure on all counts.
They've got too much else to worry about, IMO. They'll be relying on coaches to keep them updated on little things like that.

Coach's number one job is to get the team prepared; they inarguably failed at that yesterday, IMV.

They've got too much else to worry about, IMO. They'll be relying on coaches to keep them updated on little things like that.

Coach's number one job is to get the team prepared; they inarguably failed at that yesterday, IMV.
Nah! I could understand if it was in its first year of implementation but it wasn't as the the rules changed for last season too. It's like playing in the FA cup final and expecting it to go to a replay if it's all square at full time.

If I knew about it before it went to OT then paid professionals most definitely should too.

Shanahan's explanation for taking the ball first in OT, doesn't stand up to the way he played it either. Said he wanted the ball 3rd so they'd have first opportunity in sudden death, but that makes the decision to not go for it on 4th down even stranger.

Shanahan's explanation for taking the ball first in OT, doesn't stand up to the way he played it either. Said he wanted the ball 3rd so they'd have first opportunity in sudden death, but that makes the decision to not go for it on 4th down even stranger.
That's bonkers. You take the chance when it presents itself

It's the type of stuff a coach says when he doesn't want to publicly blame his players but also doesn't think he got anything wrong, IMO.

Surely at least one coach would have drilled it into whoever they sent out for the coin toss, if we win it I want us to do X. The captain won't be making that decision as the coin is spinning.
They did, they wanted the ball first and got it. What some of the players said they didn't know was that if they'd scored a TD with the first drive, the game wouldn't be over in the way it would in the regular season. I'm not convinced Romo on commentary did either

No doubt she's good for business, big jump from that to it being a fix though. She was shown too often for my liking, but it's as much an entertainment event as a sporting one in the US and she's the biggest entertainment star in the world.

I don't believe at least from her perspective it's a sham romance, it's not like she needs the publicity. She has chosen a dickhead to go out with though.

Last edited:
Aw, Travis seems alright. He’s less of a doofus on the podcast he does with Jason than I expected him to be.

The “alpha males“ that coach and play in the NFL would never stand for rigging of the type people are suggesting. Moreover, how the fuck are you going to rig a blocked kick?? You may as well try to catch smoke.

Aw, Travis seems alright. He’s less of a doofus on the podcast he does with Jason than I expected him to be.

The “alpha males“ that coach and play in the NFL would never stand for rigging of the type people are suggesting. Moreover, how the fuck are you going to rig a blocked kick?? You may as well try to catch smoke.
As AJ Brown said if he'd done to his coach what Kelce did they'd be calling for him to be banned, with him he's just showing passion

As AJ Brown said if he'd done to his coach what Kelce did they'd be calling for him to be banned, with him he's just showing passion
He’s spot on, but that’s on America for being racist.

So, now Haasan Reddick says he never asked for a trade.

I think Philly needs to do some front office cleansing.

Semantics, doesn't really matter whether he asked for a trade or they told him he could look for one. He's just getting his message out there as it'd be his 4th team so doesn't want to look bad. He wants 25m a year from his current 15, he might get it, Philly can't afford it cap wise

No deaths, unclear number of wounded (sounds minimal). Two shooters in custody. Seems to have happened after the bulk of the crowd had dispersed (the parade had just ended, reportedly).

Could have been much worse, thank God or whoever that it wasn’t.

Back