• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

There was a lot of noise about Saquon, but I didn't think it would happen as it's completely unEagles. An all in move, in a year when they've lost a lot of leadership in the locker room...interesting
Starting to get reported as done, this.

Cousins is a very good QB despite the derision he gets but I'm glad the Vikings didn't go near those numbers for a 36 year old coming off that injury. The problem is there's no good free agents, ideal scenario would be drafting and building around a rookie but they're probably going to have to trade up somehow.

Pretty cheap deal to acquire Fields for the Steelers, I'd rather have him than either Wilson or Pickett.

Yeah, either a 6th round pick in 2025 or, depending on game time, a 4th round pick... That's pretty shit but clears the boards for the new QB

Bears have (or are) traded Justin Fields to Pittsburgh Steelers and will probably select Caleb Williams at #1 in the draft...

Er, @Alan is he any better than Fields??

I think you’re probably splitting hairs between the two at the end of the day.

Williams has all the talent in the world but his last season at Southern Cal was… well, his numbers were good, anyway. But he didn’t help them actually win.

It's small beer in the grand scheme of things, but if he plays the Steelers have given for Fields what they got for Pickett and imo got the better players doing so, although 1 less year on his rookie deal. The Bears have played their hand badly, the market for Fields was supposedly stronger earlier in the off season, but a combination of thinking they could get more / wanting to give the illusion that they weren't taking Williams has cost them a 2.

Mahomes wasn't a winning college QB more to it than that Alan as you know, Williams is supposed to be the best college QB coming out buzz wise since Lawrence, whose been OK, Burrow was the one before that whose been great when not injured. If they had their time again I bet they wish they'd traded Fields last year when they would have got more for him in what was seen as a weaker QB class and taken Stroud, but hindsight and all that.

It's small beer in the grand scheme of things, but if he plays the Steelers have given for Fields what they got for Pickett and imo got the better players doing so, although 1 less year on his rookie deal. The Bears have played their hand badly, the market for Fields was supposedly stronger earlier in the off season, but a combination of thinking they could get more / wanting to give the illusion that they weren't taking Williams has cost them a 2.

Mahomes wasn't a winning college QB more to it than that Alan as you know, Williams is supposed to be the best college QB coming out buzz wise since Lawrence, whose been OK, Burrow was the one before that whose been great when not injured. If they had their time again I bet they wish they'd traded Fields last year when they would have got more for him in what was seen as a weaker QB class and taken Stroud, but hindsight and all that.
I think Southern Cal stick out more as they were presumed to be a top team in the preseason. Really underperformed versus expectations.

Mahomes was at Texas Tech, who will challenge for a conference title once a decade or so but are very much a middling program on the whole.

You make a good point, though, no doubt.

It should have been banned years ago IMV. In the same category as “horse collar” tackles in terms of the significant injuries they can cause.

I’m wondering though how they’ll actually define “hip drop”. May well be I’m envisioning something different.

I’m not fully clear on what they mean so I’d need to see some video examples I think.

From the Baltimore Ravens.

"The league has defined a hip-drop tackle as using the following technique to bring a player to the ground: grabs the runner with both hands or wraps the runner with both arms; and. unweights himself by swiveling and dropping his hips and/or lower body, landing on and trapping the runner's leg(s) at or below the knee."

Back