• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The OMG what on earth happened there Liverpool 1 Wolves 2 verdict

Sav was quality, as were Evans & Coady. Everyone was class tbf, Nouha was getting some stick but I thought he was decent as well.

I thought Dicko was immense, Bod too when he came on, both played most of the game with no support and were a real handfull for Liverpools defence

So watched this on my phone as it's the only way to get BT and I couldn't go pub as was looking after the baby, I didn't celebrate the first as she was asleep in my arms but sprung up with her at the 2nd and went nuts without making any noise as she was still asleep.

Credit to Steve McManaman on the BT commentary as showed no biased what so ever and seemed keen that Wolves hung on and one, he utterly loved the 2nd goal. Which really made Gerrard look a bitter git when at half time he moaned the ref had let Liverpool down by allowing the first goal.

Loving the cup, winning two games feels like a cup run for us!

I've got to be honest i thought Dicko was our weakest player today, it's not easy on your own but Bod was so much better than Nouha. He showed him exactly how that role should be played. Nouha wasn't awful but particularly second half he didn't hold the ball up enough or get in great positions.

Forget about any negatives or criticism though, what a fucking day. Never thought that this team at the start of the year was capable of the performances it has put in against Stoke and Liverpool.

I would also like to add that Liverpool as a club massively went up in my estimation today, i thought everyone was very welcoming and all that but one steward randomly picked a kid and his dad our to have photos in the dugouts before the game. Never seen that before but it's something that kid and his dad will never forget on top of Wolves winning. Fair play to them.

I've got to be honest i thought Dicko was our weakest player today, it's not easy on your own but Bod was so much better than Nouha. He showed him exactly how that role should be played. Nouha wasn't awful but particularly second half he didn't hold the ball up enough or get in great positions.

Forget about any negatives or criticism though, what a $#@!ing day. Never thought that this team at the start of the year was capable of the performances it has put in against Stoke and Liverpool.

Trouble is dicko isnt good a holding up the play, the way we played today we were trying to bypass liverpools midfield which wasnt playing to Dickos strengths, i would say Dicko's movement gave Costa more space to do this thing and also enabled Andi to move into space for his goal.

Dicko will be a force next year with a full pre season behind him, having said that i think Bod should be starting for me hes more effective with his play at the moment.

I can't stop watching the goals!

I bloody love Helder Costa. I'll be so pleased if the reports of his signing are true.

If Helder signs it tops off the best day Wolves have had for a very very long time. I can't wipe the smile off my face.

We're going to get round to player ratings soon, and while he can't possibly get MOTM for coming on as sub, I thought Bod was just about perfect in his lone striker role. He was at least a 9/10 - absolutely brilliant when he came on

Is that "Icelandic chant/clap" thing just done with the away support?

No, done at home games too. Was done at both ends after the Villa game.

Is that "Icelandic chant/clap" thing just done with the away support?
Nope. We win at home it is done. Against Villa both North and South Banks were treated to Bod leading the Icelandic clap.

Cheers. Also:

16388359_743897809102135_980083246452627543_n.jpg

Nope. We win at home it is done. Against Villa both North and South Banks were treated to Bod leading the Icelandic clap.

Done at Home as well, though we need to slow it down somewhat, just seems a bit rushed (watch the real Icelandic clap as to how nerve tingling that is)

Back