• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Photography Thread

This taken about 10 feet behind the little church nearArdguy at the end of the Moray Firth. There were dozens of scratched messages in the mullioned windows made by local people who were being cleared off the land by absentee landlords. And Oliver Cromwell.
Part of the Highland Clearances.

img939.jpg

Excellent photos BigBlue.

This was in the lakes and as the shutter fell closed, a fish leapt about 3 feet out of the water.
Next one I took immediately after just has a bit of a splash and the start of a ripple....

img942.jpg

That's gorgeous WH.

A few steam trains...

img811.jpg

img801.jpg

img783.jpg

A very grainy shot...
img756.jpg

img698.jpg

This last one looks better from the far side of the room....
img868.jpg

Some excellent pics from WH, BBW and Croxden.

I'm beginning to think my photography's missing out because I'm not into trains.

Some excellent pics from WH, BBW and Croxden.

I'm beginning to think my photography's missing out because I'm not into trains.

No it's not, your rainy phone boxes is still me fav :)

I was a train spotter in the 1960s and I morphed into a railway enthusiast/photographer.

Oh, righty ho. Some non railway pics.

A friend who paints oils, let me in to her studio recently...

MaevesOils13_edited-1.jpg

MaevesOils9_edited-1.jpg

MaevesOils8_edited-1.jpg

07062011270_edited-1.jpg

Some other random pics...

At a cross country motocross meeting. This is an experiment - Zooming in whilst panning around....

th_img890_edited-1.jpg

img883_edited-1.jpg

img881_edited-1.jpg

img880_edited-1.jpg

And a brass lamp, a bottle of Highland Park (I think...) a cigar and an ashtray made from the lens of a colour light (signal)
img878_edited-1.jpg

A few atmospheric train pics..

SteamEngineDriverBampW.jpg

img850_edited-1.jpg

img851_edited-1.jpg

These next 2 at Birmingham New Street
img852_edited-1.jpg

img855_edited-1.jpg

img854_edited-1.jpg

Liked the lines in this. Northern France.

I had a similar pic when the bloke in the distance wasn't there... it was a nothing photo.

img938.jpg

Is this a case of great minds think alike?

For me, it's the lamp post that makes the image.

Here's another one from the same misty day on the Cape.

That last batch of train pics are most excellent.

Ash Shoubak Castle, Jordan, 23 December 2012

49UcWaH.jpg

Irrigation, Jordan Valley Farm, November, 2012

GCrtRvR.jpg

Very basic question for those with a lot more expertise on here than I.
I have a series of photos that are landscape, but I'd like to print off as portrait. How can I do this?

You mean you want to fill the paper rather than have white areas at the top and bottom? What programme are you using?

You mean you want to fill the paper rather than have white areas at the top and bottom? What programme are you using?
I don't mind having bits of the photo cut out, but want to print an image of a photo taken that is 4x6 as 6x4 (or vice versa).

I don't know what programme I'm using - I'm not technological at all I'm afraid. :icon_redface:
I took the photo's on my samsung, or my dad on his camera, & the pics are saved on the hard drive of the pc. I right click & print. It allowed me to rotate 1 pic taken on a phone, but when I try rotating others, in the print preview they revert to landscape, but are sideways on, thus defeating the object.
An example pic is below, though that may not help you.
2010_1027PICS20100096.jpg

Back