• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Photography Thread

here's a couple from my exploring days.

IMG_2666-Copy_zpsdda7be8a.jpg

StGeorges11of33_zps4b2564ae.jpg

It's a disgrace that bovis homes can let this wonderful building get into such a state.

It's supposed to be being converted into apartments soon but I have my doubts if the building is in a fit state after so many years of neglect.

Here's one I took.

Abandoned Mental Institution by bigbluewolf, on Flickr

It's in a shocking state mate, I have the feeling the place will be left till it is "too damaged to save" which is a shame because it's quite a nice building that has a lot of history. I fist explored the place in 2007 and it was in bad condition then but when i went back in 2012 it was basically too dangerous to move off the bottom floor because of how bad it is inside.

(not my photo)
tumblr_lxhcimLfDP1r7squvo1_500.jpg

BBW-- What's up with all the hipster filters? :D

Another choo-choo!

Z3ODzzd.jpg

I actually won two prizes for this one.
A crate of Bulmer's Cider from the 'Express & Star' and a Second Prize in 'Bulliver' (the magazine of the Dart Valley Railway).

That's on the Severn Valley railway, isn't it?

Just a few of my railway efforts that I quite like. However I do want to try and do other stuff as I mentioned above.

67013-M.jpg

063-M.jpg

031-M.jpg

Quirkafleeg, those are excellent pictures. The second and third ones are at Rugeley, but where was the first one taken?

This is one at Petra, last Christmas.

dhlo3Nl.jpg

..........and this one

9xET2vA.jpg

Iman, one of my colleagues' wife.....

seuB4w5.jpg

Ash Shoubak Castle (a crusader castle from 1114 - captured by Saladin in 1189)

I4AQt9S.jpg

and from Ash Shoubak Castle walls...

Pxd3HPq.jpg

BBW-- What's up with all the hipster filters? :D

I use a Photoshop action which is called "vintage" but I don't use it all the time. Certain photos suit it so I use it as and when I think it works. I also adjust the parameters so the photos don't always end up with the same result.

Excellent photos BigBlue.

This was in the lakes and as the shutter fell closed, a fish leapt about 3 feet out of the water.
Next one I took immediately after just has a bit of a splash and the start of a ripple....

img942.jpg

Back