• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Puns & Weak as Fabio Silva Banter Thread

Surely it's only a roll if it's roll shaped, like for a hot dog.
That meme is flawed anyway, always been a cob in my part of the west midlands, got quite a few east Midlands mates, none of them call it a cob, always a batch.
This is correct. Roll for a finger shape, cob for a normal round bun.

The bara one for Wales isn’t that helpful tbh, bara just means bread in Welsh, ask for that you’d be getting a loaf, not a cob.

They’re all rolls, just different types and local names. Roll covers everything.

It's still made from bread, so it's not a cake (same as hot cross and Chelsea buns are sweet bread (NOT sweetbread!) things).

Agreed on brioche for burgers.
But a finger bun is literally a hot dog bun with icing on top...

Nah, not having that, bread cannot be sweet, which brings me onto another thing, this modern thing of using Brioche for burgers and hot dogs, stop it, it doesn't work, it's shit.
Never had a panettone then.

Nah, not having that, bread cannot be sweet, which brings me onto another thing, this modern thing of using Brioche for burgers and hot dogs, stop it, it doesn't work, it's shit.
Absofuckinglutely!

Isn't it the addition of egg and butter that makes it brioche rather than anything sweet? They work perfectly fine for burgers.

Didn’t think it would be sandwich buns that finally unhinged us from reality.

Good job we sold Nunes so we had the dough to sign some players.

Mrs calls them batches as she’s from Coventry. It’s bap if it’s a soft bun and cob if it’s crusty.
My wife is from Nuneaton and she calls it a batch.

I took her Dad to a chippy in Penn once and he asked for a chip batch. The kid serving him looked very confused (he initially thought he was asking for a chapati! :ROFLMAO: )

Back