• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Puns & Weak as Fabio Silva Banter Thread

Has there seriously been a conversation about cobs/baps/buns/rolls going on since 11.15pm on Friday night??
Of course, it's important stuff, got to find summat to talk about when there is zero football news

Has there seriously been a conversation about cobs/baps/buns/rolls going on since 11.15pm on Friday night??
Times are hard, man.

Weirdly I just heard someone say batch for the first time probably ever. Some woman to her grandad I'm the snooker club. "Want a ham and cheese batch?".

If I put my real accent on, it's "Shrews-berry".

If I put my real accent on, it's "Shrews-berry".
I expect this'll put a stop to it all...
How to pronounce Shuesbry is akin to getting that little town near Huddersfield right, called Slaithwaite, pronounce Slouitt (as in ow itt)
or a bit of quaintness for Alan, near Knutsford in Cheshire are the 2 villages of Lower and Upper Peover. (Peever)

How to pronounce Shuesbry is akin to getting that little town near Huddersfield right, called Slaithwaite, pronounce Slouitt (as in ow itt)
or a bit of quaintness for Alan, near Knutsford in Cheshire are the 2 villages of Lower and Upper Peover. (Peever)
Slaithwaite comes from the Old Norse language for a timber-fell clearing.

Just on the 'bread' naming stuff, parts of West Yorkshire (particularly near Skelmanthorpe) they (rolls, cobs, batches, barms, etc.) are referred to as teacakes (no currants, just bread).

You have mentioned the peovers before. Time for new material!

Move into Leicestershire Belvoir is pronounced Beaver (sort of) which is far more of an odd thing than a silent o.

Moving rather north Kirkudbright is Curr-Coo-Bree

Back