• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don't think he's anything more than a tap-in merchant, would only make sense if we moved Hwang on as he already does that for us.

I think he's a hell of a lot more than that personally but he only signed a new contract last season. He'd be way too expensive for where we are right now and we'd have a lot of competition for his signature.

I think he's a hell of a lot more than that personally but he only signed a new contract last season. He'd be way too expensive for where we are right now and we'd have a lot of competition for his signature.
If Neto wasn't so brittle he could be part of the deal in a loan with an option coming our way ala Doyle on the Nunes deal

If Neto wasn't so brittle he could be part of the deal in a loan with an option coming our way ala Doyle on the Nunes deal
They might be after a LB. Arteta doesn't fancy Tierney and Zinchenko is slipping out of favour a bit. They're using Kiwior there at the moment and he is a CH really.

They'd still value him way too high. If they say he's worth something stupid like £40M and then we only get Nketiah + £20M for Neto it'd be a complete waste of time.

They'd still value him way too high. If they say he's worth something stupid like £40M and then we only get Nketiah + £20M for Neto it'd be a complete waste of time.
You expecting us to take up the option if we did a loan deal?

Fool

The value/cost of players will surely drop with the effects of FFP/PSR coming through now.

Players like Neto and Nketieh aren't going to move for the prices they would have two years ago.

I think we'll see the lowest overall spending window for a long time in the summer.

The value/cost of players will surely drop with the effects of FFP/PSR coming through now.

Players like Neto and Nketieh aren't going to move for the prices they would have two years ago.

I think we'll see the lowest overall spending window for a long time in the summer.
You could end up a load of Zaha/Palace situations developing. They never got offered the kind of money it would make it worthwhile to sell him, so he just stayed until his contract ran out. In the meantime he kept them comfortable in the PL for every year he was there.

I can get on board with that if the player contributes all the way through, like I was fine with Adama going for free. I didn't want to keep him any more for the sake of it and over the five years he provided enough value for the £18m fee.

From what I’ve been told we’re looking for two no.9’s and a wide creative player (if/when Neto goes) to bolster the attacking options this summer.
I don't think it depends on Neto going.
If he goes we may get one or two extra

I agree we should have a reasonable budget in the summer even without Neto leaving.

21/22 - 22/23 was a £113.3m loss (£46.1m + £67.2m) in the published accounts. Meaning we need a £7.7m profit for 23/24 to comply. Given predictions are that we'll be ok by just under £3m that would be roughly a £10m profit. Which given our substantial player sales last summer makes sense that we'd make a profit of some sort.

£67.2m loss + circa £10m profit = £57m loss. Leaving £48m loss allowed for 24/25. That's a fair bit of spending headroom before any player sales.

I assume there'll be an adjustment for any new PSR ratio rules though. The Swiss Ramble tweet predicted we'd be short by about £22m on the new rules.

I agree we should have a reasonable budget in the summer even without Neto leaving.

21/22 - 22/23 was a £113.3m loss (£46.1m + £67.2m) in the published accounts. Meaning we need a £7.7m profit for 23/24 to comply. Given predictions are that we'll be ok by just under £3m that would be roughly a £10m profit. Which given our substantial player sales last summer makes sense that we'd make a profit of some sort.

£67.2m loss + circa £10m profit = £57m loss. Leaving £48m loss allowed for 24/25. That's a fair bit of spending headroom before any player sales.

I assume there'll be an adjustment for any new PSR ratio rules though. The Swiss Ramble tweet predicted we'd be short by about £22m on the new rules.
If you are running with the £3m line then you've got to also go with this year being a loss as the club briefed journalists both things at the same time

If you are running with the £3m line then you've got to also go with this year being a loss as the club briefed journalists both things at the same time
Given the two previous years being a loss over the £105m allowed then how can we have another loss and still be ok? Unless there are lots of exclusions for PSR.

Given the two previous years being a loss over the £105m allowed then how can we have another loss and still be ok? Unless there are lots of exclusions for PSR.
I think this is the point.

Newcastle were £50m over the £105m, but were clear once dispensations were allowed for. It's not as clean as just adding the 3 years accounts together. I can't see how we can make a loss given the sales, but like I said if you are going with the £3m figure then the loss comes from the same place. It excludes the £10m+ extra we will make from not finishing 17th

This is from PTS

"Wolves’ current forecasts for the 2023-24 season predict a loss of £39.7million, but when allowable expenses are removed from the equation, it would leave Wolves with a predicted loss of £22m for PSR purposes.

When allowable expenses are taken into account, current predictions would leave Wolves staying within the £105million limit by £2.7m for the three years ending in May 2024."

I am a huge fan of Nketiah, but they wanted over £40mil for him I seem to recall when Palace were previously linked to him. I'd want us looking for a more complete forward who than him for that.

I do agree with the others we are going to see prices drop on players all over.

I expect a quiet summer across the board.

Big fish will make lowball offers hoping clubs will panic And take it. Most will not.

Some clubs will be quiet because they cannot spend. If the releiving bid for their star doesn’t materialise then they cannot risk a deduction.

And there will be clubs who survey the landscape and see perfect camouflage for their plan to be quiet not because they cannot spend but because they will not.

Sell him, we're lucky we have a player who can cover both sides 😉

In all seriousness it'll get more money both directly and in a PSR sense than some of the names put up earlier. I'm not convinced by him as a defender, the way he took his goal on Saturday makes me think he should play higher up the pitch as he did as a kid, is that at PL level though?

If we sell Bueno early on, and then someone comes in with a £35m bid for RAN from a CL club and he wants to go then what do we do? We'd need to spend the Bueno money on another LB. So IMO don't sell him unless we know that RAN is definitely staying.

Back