• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If Adams is a free transfer then he'll have far more clubs looking for him you'd have to think .
Of the ones interested you'd think we were most attractive, or is that my Wolves bias?

Hardly inspiring stuff when we have money available for a striker this summer, but his name keeps popping up so there must be something in it. As Dave Jones once said....

71b9IwuTA2L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Adams isn't great at all. I think the fact that people are now more accepting of it just shows that people have resigned themselves to the way the club are going to do business now and he is going to come at no transfer cost, plus the recent situation of Fraser being in the 11 means people are willing to accept someone like Adams as he is a much better option than that. Ideally our sights should be a fair bit higher, but they probably wont be.

For the avoidance of doubt I don't want him. 28 by the start of next season so he pretty much is what he's always going to be, and managed returns of 4, 9, 7 and 5 goals in his four PL seasons. Those goals all tend to come in clusters too, he loves a 15+ game scoreless run. He's even done that in the Championship this season, didn't score a single goal between 20 August and 8 December (he wasn't injured).

He works hard and it's better than bringing on/starting Academy lads who aren't close to ready, but we could and should be doing better than that.

Agree with others.

Good -
He’s free
He’s a better option off the bench than a 15 year old
He has experience of the league
He’s fairly durable & will be low maintenance
He holds the ball up well & works hard

Bad -
He’s not very good
His goalscoring records poor in the PL
We’ve been gaslit by Fosun in to thinking it’s the best we can do & would represent ‘smart’ business

It all depends what else we do, if he just replaces Sasa/Fraser/Fabio as our bench striker then fine but if he’s the only attacker we sign on top of what we have (even if we replace someone who gets sold) then it’s crap. I think most of us expect the latter unfortunately.

If he can just give us a solid outlet/focal point he could be a somewhat savvy addition (for free). I don't necessarily think we need our #9 to be spectacular from a goal-scoring perspective if we have goal-scoring wide players like Cunha and Neto.

Still, would like to think we'll still pay money for a forward, as well. More hope than expectation at this point, unfortunately.

To basically compliment Hwang and give us someone to bring on or play when Hwang is injured he's fine I suppose.

I'd rather we just went for a first choice target though like Dia.

If he can just give us a solid outlet/focal point he could be a somewhat savvy addition (for free). I don't necessarily think we need our #9 to be spectacular from a goal-scoring perspective if we have goal-scoring wide players like Cunha and Neto.

Still, would like to think we'll still pay money for a forward, as well. More hope than expectation at this point, unfortunately.

Neto isn't a goalscorer

A load of pie in the sky if you ask me

Can’t confirm where it actually went but looked like it went 3 yards wide at least!

Back