• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Got a call with my start date today! (literally a few moments ago).
A week and a half to sort all spare jobs out, as well as finding a focus for the day.
Feel much better about it all now. Letter of confirmation due out today/tomorrow, which will be lovely! :)

Good news Jellybean.

That the school have finally appointed my successor - I can now stop trying with a clear conscience as there's someone to take over the load when I go.

Excellent news PLF. I know that was on your mind!
You can start letting go!

Well that's me done for a few days. Off for a Hot Stone Massage, excellent wines,a Sugar Foot Scrub and a spot of Aromatherapy :)

Kenny. I won't have a bad word said against that bloke!! :)

Well that's me done for a few days. Off for a Hot Stone Massage, excellent wines,a Sugar Foot Scrub and a spot of Aromatherapy :)

I really am off now. Christ it's true, I don't know when to shut up do I!!

Today was my first beachcombing day and it came as a big surprise.

I love beachcombing and the worse the weather the better i like it. I just popped down to the harbour today to get some tobbacco and have a cypro with some pals who just arrived from Berlin, and was surprised to see the beach doing a fine impression of Beirut in darker times.

I never left the house yesterday so kind of missed the fact (apart from the noise of the waves) that the sea was doing a half decent tsunami impression. After cypro i went to investigate and see if there were any decent pieces washed up for my lamps.

The sea was still smashing onto the beach and the wind was a butchers knife, but despite the fact i had only popped out in a T shirt, it was not to be missed.

I spent four hours, found some decent pieces for my lamps and retreated to the Taverna with it's first log fire of the season, and of course , a heart warming cypro.

I love nature, but am most fascinated when it is at it's angry best, as it was today.

Ok now i am freezing and busy lighting my own log fire, but hell it was worth it.

Today was my first beachcombing day and it came as a big surprise.

spaceballs-combsthedesert.jpg

I've been stoned, and I can highly recommend it! :)

I've signed the form to ask to take voluntary redundancy, i'll know next week whether i can be 'released' or not so i'll either be back on here or on the things that annoy you thread. :crossfingers:

Teaching micro to play the guitar. He has a lovely Jackson starter guitar coming for the festivities that should not be mentioned yet, so I am getting him started.

He is showing a lot of promise. I am sitting here listening to him crunching out the riff to Raining Blood by Slayer that I taught him about two hours ago and he has nearly got it bang on already.

Currently starting the planning for watching Episode VII with a group of fellow Star Wars nerds. And even a few who haven't seen any of the films before. Who will no doubt never watch them again after this.

This will consist of gathering for various viewings of the previous films - in Machete Order - and most likely a lot of beer and nibbles in the days/weeks leading up to seeing the new film. A proper geek on is being planned here and I can't wait. I draw the line at cosplay though. Not my cup of tea.

Back