• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Have you signed up for something because they'll turn up every month !
The bastards, thought someone had sent us a gift๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You are correct Paul, although we don't remember agreeing to this. They are collecting them on Monday, ain't bloody paying ยฃ120 every month, I'll stick with me Costco wines ๐Ÿ˜‚

A case from Virgin Wines, 12 lovely bottles of red arriving on me doorstep.๐Ÿ˜€ Unfortunately nothing to say who it's from so can't thank them ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
I subscribe to that (& they add 20% to my monthly payment & give bonus vouchers at times though usually when I have no funds in my wine bank) - won't turn up every month as only deliver when its ordered.

Some good stuff on there - if you have a bottle of one of the Carmen Stevens wines (a New Zealand blender) then you are lucky as all are superb. There are some really pricey wines on there (usually get at least one of those in my Birthday & Christmas cases) & a bit more than average supermarket prices, but far better

The bastards, thought someone had sent us a gift๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You are correct Paul, although we don't remember agreeing to this. They are collecting them on Monday, ain't bloody paying ยฃ120 every month, I'll stick with me Costco wines ๐Ÿ˜‚
Have only paid ยฃ120 for the case if I have added a couple of more expensive bottles in. Pay in ยฃ25 pm & they add another ยฃ5 to that.

Average cost per bottle I pay is around ยฃ8 which is not at the bottom end of supermarket prices, but not enormous.

Have only paid ยฃ120 for the case if I have added a couple of more expensive bottles in. Pay in ยฃ25 pm & they add another ยฃ5 to that.

Average cost per bottle I pay is around ยฃ8 which is not at the bottom end of supermarket prices, but not enormous.
I lose track with the wife, she has Virgin Wines, Laithwaites and the Gin Club all turn up bearing in mind that I don't drink it's embarrassing when our recycling bin clanks up the drive on a Monday morning

I lose track with the wife, she has Virgin Wines, Laithwaites and the Gin Club all turn up bearing in mind that I don't drink it's embarrassing when our recycling bin clanks up the drive on a Monday morning

I blame ours on me 89 year old mom ๐Ÿ˜‚

She don't half get down the Adcocaat!

๐ŸŒฑSeeing shoots springing up in the garden๐ŸŒฑ
yep. have noticed the snowdrops in the garden sprouting. Pleased as they didn't appear last year, so was worried. Planning separating the clumps this year to encourage them to spread.
Daffs are also sprouting, and today I noticed very tiny buds on the raspberry, blueberry and blackcurrant plants.

there's someone a couple of doors down from us, and their recycling bin is topped up every morning, and it sounds like a pub emptying their bottle bins every day!

Live footage from LJโ€™s house

giphy.gif

Those of you on here who have met me know that I have the bearing of a hero. This evening, I have proved it (once again) by stopping two shoplifters running out of Sainsbury's with a load of booze. Without thinking, I chinned the one bloke and grabbed the other round his neck and then chucked him to the floor. They dropped the booze, obvs, and were tackled by security. The one guy wriggled free from them and ran past me, so I nicked his hat.

The prize for my valiant efforts? Two bottles of gin for the ladies in my life, totally ยฃ42.

(I did have to pretend I'd hurt my arm to really seal the deal on the second bottle).

I am a married Grandad with three kids and seven grandkids but you Sir could turn a mans head !

You'd hate to see me go but you'd love to watch me leave.

I won't go trying some new fashion and I certainly won't go changing the colour of my hair (unless it's to match a hair piece).

Those of you on here who have met me know that I have the bearing of a hero. This evening, I have proved it (once again) by stopping two shoplifters running out of Sainsbury's with a load of booze. Without thinking, I chinned the one bloke and grabbed the other round his neck and then chucked him to the floor. They dropped the booze, obvs, and were tackled by security. The one guy wriggled free from them and ran past me, so I nicked his hat.

The prize for my valiant efforts? Two bottles of gin for the ladies in my life, totally ยฃ42.

(I did have to pretend I'd hurt my arm to really seal the deal on the second bottle).
next week in the Things that Annoy Thread "Just had to visit the local Police Station and I am being charged with ABH..."

Hang on. They gave you the booze they were shoplifting as a reward for stopping them?

Well, I thought about that once I'd got home...and someone pointed it out to me.

EDIT - The chinned guy escaped and I doubt he'll be in a rush to complain to the Police about my treatment of him.

Last edited:
Hang on. They gave you the booze they were shoplifting as a reward for stopping them?
No, but I was offered some of it. Between them they were nicking 8 bottles of...what's that expensive brandy? Corvosier? With all the kerfuffle, the boxes that the bottles come in were broken. This was about 5 minutes afterwards and they were taking the booze back into the offices out back (I assume that's where the door they were going through lead to) They offered a token of thanks and said "You can have some of this if you'd like". I said that I'm not keen on brandy but thanks and they said to pick out a couple of bottles of whatever and take it to customer services. I picked up a litre of Tanqueray for mother and Gordon's lemon gin for the lady love.

Why do you lie all the time? That story if true would get the Sainsburyโ€™s staff on a disciplinary

When have I lied on here?

On mine and my dog's life, that story is 100% true.

Back