• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Visited a wee fishing village today. On our arrival, crowds of people lined the streets. The disapointment they were not there to celebrate my visit soon faded as they were actually there to greet Prince Will and Kate but that just meant we were able to get in the pub and a have lovely quiet lunch while they waited to see the Royals.
Cheers Mr Future King.

My employer just announced that our office is re-opening on the 1st of June. Couldn't be more excited to finally meet some of my coworkers in person.

Visited a wee fishing village today. On our arrival, crowds of people lined the streets. The disapointment they were not there to celebrate my visit soon faded as they were actually there to greet Prince Will and Kate but that just meant we were able to get in the pub and a have lovely quiet lunch while they waited to see the Royals.
Cheers Mr Future King.
Reminds me of the time prince chuck visited our village with the local hunt. My mum loved the royals, but my father refused to let her attend. Dad absolutely hated the hunt.

Nothing on TV & no one around so having a 'music evening' with some of the vinyl - started with a Mayall combo.

Good music
Please tell me you're getting to the Bluesbreakers 'Beano ' album ??
I've got a CD with both a stereo and mono version, the mono one takes you back :)

Please tell me you're getting to the Bluesbreakers 'Beano ' album ??
I've got a CD with both a stereo and mono version, the mono one takes you back :)
Started with that for 'old times sake'

Better one is 'The Turning Point' - acoustic with no drummer. Still blues but mellow

For the last 12 months I've been working on a FTC basis after the pandemic messed up my career plans slightly.

Anyway my line manager resigned last week and they have since offered me the job and the chance to become permanent. Just in time for us starting to use the office in Birmingham from next week which I am actually excited for - can't wait to get out of my bedroom office a couple of times a week.

Sitting out on my decking.
Drinking red wine.
Enjoying a good book.
A lovely Hereford sunset.

I’m sure none of you care really.....but I am very happy despite other medical issues in my life.

Blood results yesterday (Blood Cancer Crap Stuff) were OK.
I’m trying to persuade Mrs HW that I’ll be around for another 30 years!

So happy and proud of the good lady who was successful yesterday in securing the job she’d always wanted and worked towards for many years. She going to be a Respiratory Consultant Nurse at a SW London hospital. Many years of clinical and academic work coming to fruition and it’s nice to know sometimes the good guys do win. Never been motivated by status and only ever driven by a relentless commitment and enthusiasm to empower nurses and positively affect patient outcomes.
Can’t deny the impending lock stock and barrel move to London is at times as daunting as it is exciting, but that’s for another day, now is the time for rejoicing.

Been in London this weekend and for a brief moment it was like life was normal. Seating areas outside bars full, people smiling, a very relaxed atmosphere and of course the sun shining. The only glimpse of Covid life for those few mins was the staff wearing masks.

On masks. Anyone working in heat and having to wear one all shift you have my respect. Wearing them for 10 mins around a hotel in the warm was uncomfy for me so having to go hours like it must be a proper pain.

Greeted a group of Lithuanian girls at work with "Sveiki mano draugai" yesterday, which means hello my friends
I am so smooooth !!!
If only I was 35 years younger and four stone lighter with a different face and no wife, kids or grandchildren, i would be so in there :)

I recently learnt "You are very beautiful" in Russian after seeing it on a Mila Kunis interview.

I don't actually know any Russian girls but if I ever meet one....well just watch out for the charm offensive ladies.

As a bit of a history buff I like old things.
Went out this morning and found an amazing trench art lamp from the 1st World War at a local yard sale for less than $5!
I'm chuffed to bits with it :)

Back