• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I haven’t seen a mate at all since the Brighton game I don’t think!
I’ve got a couple of mates I’ve also not seen since then. Tried to get them out this weekend, but still get “not coming back out until everything is back to normal” As Dan has said it will have change some people for the long term.

No, will be our first visit
You should enjoy it. Are you staying in St Peter Port? If you want any info on pubs and places to eat and see give me a shout. I will be there in August too, but a bit later than you guys.

You should enjoy it. Are you staying in St Peter Port? If you want any info on pubs and places to eat and see give me a shout. I will be there in August too, but a bit later than you guys.
Yes, staying in St Peter Port so any advice welcomed Phil

Yes, staying in St Peter Port so any advice welcomed Phil
The Golden Lion, Cock and Bull and The Cornerstone are pretty decent pubs for ales. Cornerstone also does food.

The Slaughterhouse (former Abattoir) has good selection of ales and good food. Pier 17, Octopus, Christies and Le Petit Bistro are all good in St Peter Port.

If you get chance, have a trip out to Cobo Bay. The Rockmount does decent ale and good food with the best sunset in the Channel Islands.

Another glorious morning today

fJ6H3AK.png

Just hailed here 5 minutes ago, glorious sunshine now 🤷‍♂️

We’d booked a couple of nights in London for the following weekend and received an email this morning saying they won’t be open but we could (and have) transfer to the sister hotel at Charing Cross station.

Just a bit of an update on this which might be of use to anyone planning a similar-ish trip.

So essentially had booked a couple of nights for the bank holiday weekend on the basis restaurants etc would be back open and we’d be able book a couple of nice restaurant/pubs and have a relatively normal time. As mentioned, the first hotel has decided not to open but we were able to transfer the sister hotel The Clermont at Charing Cross.

Trying to book a restaurant is almost impossible as they are either fully booked or (mostly) closed. Subsequently decided to dine in the hotel restaurant itself only to find the restaurant and bars are closed! There’s a small bar area made available for guests and for dinner “we have links with some local restaurants who will deliver food to a table we set aside for you”. Honestly, can you imagine the fun in that?

With Covid restrictions still sucking the pleasure out of just about every plan that weekend we’ve just decided to abort. Cue the next hassle of trying to defer or get our money back (the agreed transfer to the Clermont potentially undermines our case) so we’ll have to see what happens.

So there you go, thought we were being clever and it’s ended up becoming a ball-ache. Hopefully food for thought for those making early plans too. Looks like this Covid hangover is going to drag on for a long, long time yet.

Really sorry to hear that mate, hope you can at least find somewhere more local. I think all our pubs round here are open now but we have this pointless month of limited capacity. So frustrating.

I don't think the Government appreciate how soul-crushing it's been for everyone, just relentless misery.

Being away. It's amazing.
Looking forward to getting my walking boots on this week and exploring the vast country estate we are staying in.

Today though, popping my shoes off, eating Toblerone and driving to Dundee...(need some supplies from the nearest supermarket)

Being away. It's amazing.
Looking forward to getting my walking boots on this week and exploring the vast country estate we are staying in.

Today though, popping my shoes off, eating Toblerone and driving to Dundee...(need some supplies from the nearest supermarket)
Ayrshire bacon and Lorne sausage.

Just accepted a new job offer :)

Hopefully this shit ends after summer and I can get back to real life, being by myself 5 days a week in a small box office has damn near broken me and made me re-evaluate everything.

Last edited:

Hopefully this shit ends after summer and I can get back to real life, being by myself 5 days a week in a small box office as damn near broken me and made me re-evaluate everything.
Great news Tom and good luck

Hopefully this shit ends after summer and I can get back to real life, being by myself 5 days a week in a small box office has damn near broken me and made me re-evaluate everything.
This country I assume, not some far flung corner of the globe ?

This country I assume, not some far flung corner of the globe ?
Working for a Canadian / US company in Europe 🤷‍♂️

Realised I still need to travel, but closer to home will be better all round.

Congrats!

The weather here is so so bad but did not stop me exploring some of the grounds we are staying in. Steady 5 mile explore with the dogs and they are now fast asleep in front of the fire.

Got a few hours to relax now as the wife and MiL have buggered off to Edinburgh for the day. Quiet time with a book and no doubt an old mon nap. I've travelled 350 miles to stay indoors...love it.

If anyone fancies getting away from it all (great if you have dogs as well) then I would recomend this gaff in Cunniqhue. 50+ acres to mill around in and then just a short car journey from civilisation

Back