• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I find a real joy in reading comments from men when they say lovely things about their wives/girlfriends. It’s just such a rare thing unfortunately. I’m not sure if that’s a worrying indication of the sate of relationships in general or that it’s a blokey thing and we just don’t do that. I sincerely hope it’s the later as that is much easier to do something about.

So yes, reading those posts from Dan is definitely ’something I am happy about’. Can’t speak highly enough of mine either, and don’t forget to tell, and show, them that from time to time too...
Agreed. Mrs jelly has been a phenomenon to me. I can honestly say she enhances everything about my life, in all the time I have known her.

She and I have spoken about this, and we wonder if a lot of people are actually in relationships with people they don't like. We certainly know some people who treat the OHs poorly. The way dickhead next door talks to his wife is an abomination. I think he's from the generation where women speak when they're spoken to, as he said something to mrs jelly the once, and was exceptionally surprised to discover she's no shrinking violet. He runs away from her now :ROFLMAO:

Another one from this morning, some amazing mornings at the moment

BMSmWw8.png

What do you people do for phone storage when running?

I've long since given up with taking mine since I abandoned the C25K thing, kept using it for listening to music for a while but just annoyed me flapping around in a pocket. Ended up getting another key cut for the front door so I could go out with just that in my pocket, nothing flailing about or making annoying noises.

What do you people do for phone storage when running?

I've long since given up with taking mine since I abandoned the C25K thing, kept using it for listening to music for a while but just annoyed me flapping around in a pocket. Ended up getting another key cut for the front door so I could go out with just that in my pocket, nothing flailing about or making annoying noises.
They're not cheap, but if you want play music/podcasts/audiobooks when running get a watch that can do it.

It's nothing something I'm looking to embrace to be honest, was just intrigued how other people get by as it used to be something of an annoyance to me when I was using the C25K app a while back. I usually go first thing in the morning so bit of dawn chorus in the background without too many people out and about to interfere with it gets me by, never go out for anything like long enough to require a secondary bit of entertainment.

Could see the benefit with the watch if I was going to be chasing times on Strava or something and then having the bonus of music etc. with it but I'm never likely to be that guy so would just be a waste for me.

Picked up my brand new car today - so many buttons!!

How the feck you are supposed to concentrate on driving while doing that is unfathomable - now just to go through the 400 page instruction book :)

Great to be back out in a sit down restaurant (indoors!) for lunch today - the last month of being sat outdoors hasn't really been fun!
Yeah, have a restaurant table booked for this evening and really looking forward to it. Couldn’t get into the ‘sat outside‘ thing apart from the odd swifty early evening and home before it got dark/cold.

Going to be interesting seeing what happens as a couple of places we went to last year insisted the windows and doors were open to follow Covid protocols and naturally the indoor temperature was the same as outside - bloody freezing. I’m hoping that’s not the case this evening as it’ll be a shame if we’re sat inside with coats on, but hey-ho, got to remain positive.... it’s progress. Onwards and upwards!

Trying to get a table somewhere for Thursday night, infuriating when they answer your first question (are you open, basically) and then not the second of "can I have a table"!

Feels weird actually planning fun stuff to do, lockdown has properly fucked me up. I need to get back to being normal ASAP.

We’d booked a couple of nights in London for the following weekend and received an email this morning saying they won’t be open but we could (and have) transfer to the sister hotel at Charing Cross station.

You get the impression even hospitality is exhausted with this and fighting fires as best it can. As great as it is getting out and about again, it must be a nightmare for them picking a route back to normality too.

Seen a few stories about hotels in London today. Essentially to open to the British would mean they would lose money right money. So they are waiting for UK to put the USA on the green list and will open then.

Seen a few stories about hotels in London today. Essentially to open to the British would mean they would lose money right money. So they are waiting for UK to put the USA on the green list and will open then.
That would be great if the US was placed on the green list. However I read on the news even though infections have dropped by 83% since January, the US is still seeing approximately 30k infections per day

The last update was the % per 100k was at a level that meets te green list requirement, along with the vacc numbers

can't remember why, but ended up on the old rep website over the weekend, and saw about 5-6 shows that I would usually be interested in booking.
It would however mean attending a show every weekend for over a month if I had gone ahead.

Back