• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

What a weekend, a double against the Villa, and a massive 10 minute PB at Manchester Marathon yesterday with 2.49.36.

Ecstatic, and 2 weeks today i'll be running the Boston Marathon, not sure my legs are as happy about that as i am right now! :LOL:

Are you Eddie Izzard ??

Bloody hell that's some time, good luck in Boston (I'm assuming Mass not Lincs)
Yep, Boston MA, and i'm terrified that me, my wife or my two school age kids are going to pick up Covid this week and we aren't going to be able to go, we test on Monday and fly out next Tuesday....it's a very strange emotional feeling, wanting to get excited but, but also trying not to, just in case we can't go!

Yep, Boston MA, and i'm terrified that me, my wife or my two school age kids are going to pick up Covid this week and we aren't going to be able to go, we test on Monday and fly out next Tuesday....it's a very strange emotional feeling, wanting to get excited but, but also trying not to, just in case we can't got!
I'd be locking myself away till the day.. fuck work and school

I'd be locking myself away till the day.. fuck work and school
Well fortunately my wife and work from home so that helps, i want to keep the girls off school, but she won't allow that, and it's a bit hypocritical too after I ran a marathon with thousands of people yesterday!

Its a bit odd that the USA still require the pre-departure test, especially as going in via the Canada or Mexico you don't need to do it apparently

Fingers crossed on the testing ahead of it (i've got everything crossed they bin the testing at their next review on the 18th April)

I paid £14 for a home test.. don’t need a PCR for the US.

How did that work with needing to be a day before travel? Witnessed via video call?
Just take a photo of your result next to your passport and upload it. Done it loads of times - used ExpressTest last time (don’t use the app though, that’s garbage).

Just take a photo of your result next to your passport and upload it. Done it loads of times - used ExpressTest last time (don’t use the app though, that’s garbage).
So it didn't need to be observed? And this was for the US?

Just had another look and they need to be observed for the US via a video call, so whilst it's an LFT test, you still need to have someone watching.

We are looking at going through Virgin (as that seems a same bet as it's our airline)

And they are £28 each, so £112.

The tests get sent in the post, then there will be a video appointment early on Monday morning, then you show the test to them and they confirm it's negative and you go from there getting a fit to fly cert.

A colleague ran the Manchester marathon yesterday and also clocked a PB!
It's a great course for a PB, flat, not too many bends, although 1 hairpin which slows your pace, and we were very lucky with the weather, very little wind, cool, but not cold, and largely cloudy, you can't get much better than that, especially after the last few days!

Just had another look and they need to be observed for the US via a video call, so whilst it's an LFT test, you still need to have someone watching.
Nope. I was there 2 weeks ago and my photo’d was fine. I’ve got loads of Covid travels Certs and they all look the same.

Recorded Video ones are fine too - I used them a few times.

Back