• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

@Langers I would definitely recommend a trip to the East Side Gallery. Basically the longest stretch of the wall still standing. 1.3km of wall turned into an art gallery of about 120 artists from around the world who painted it in 1990, restored in 2009. The East Side is the artworks, the west side is a grafitti wall. Well with a couple of hours. Get the S-Bahn out to Ostbahnhoff.

Really tempted by the Trabi-Safari. You drive around Berlin in a convoy of Trabant cars. Not cheap though, €70 per person.
When you get an opportunity to do something like this, take it. In all likelihood you’ll never get the chance again.
In a month you won’t notice €140 extra in your account.

Just arrived back from Berlin. Final post and recommendations about it. First, it's a great, great vibrant city and the people are really, really friendly. So much to do, we had 6 days and only brushed the surface. With more time and more money there's easily enough to keep you entertained for 10-14 days I reckon.

Go to Hackescher Markt. It's nothing fancy, just a really buzzing area with loads of restaurants and bars. Well worth the U-Bahn ride.

Kreuzberg the same. Quite a bohemian area, again lots of bars, we found one there which had about 20 craft beers on tap. Lovely. Some of the bars still allow smoking, which is weird, but I only really noticed it in the bars in this area, not sure why. Probably linked to the strong smell of weed in some of the streets! 😂

Finally, the German Espionage Museum is a good couple of hour trip, it has a lot of the history of spying but also some fun interactive things like a laser maze and a fair bit of James Bond related stuff. Richard Kiel was fucking huge, you could sail the Atlantic in one of his shoes.

So that's it. Berlin done. We'll go again for sure. Highly recommended.

seeing if my Halfords staff discount number would work on the website, it did, knocked 20% of my order, along with the 10% discount they were offering anyway on an already discounted bike workstand, should have been £210, ended up being £98.

Plot twist, I haven’t worked for Halfords for 15 months!

That's a fantastic time.
Meant to say that she was the 686th overall finisher (on times) out of 48,000, and 69th in her age group. Her time qualifies her for entry into any marathon in the world without having to go through the ballot, based on good for age. She's set her sights on eventually completing the 6 Abbott's Marathon Majors, so has Boston, New York, Chicago and Tokyo to do (Berlin & London she's now done). New York is meant to be a bastard of a Marathon, hilly and potentially freezing cold.

Meant to say that she was the 686th overall finisher (on times) out of 48,000, and 69th in her age group. Her time qualifies her for entry into any marathon in the world without having to go through the ballot, based on good for age. She's set her sights on eventually completing the 6 Abbott's Marathon Majors, so has Boston, New York, Chicago and Tokyo to do (Berlin & London she's now done). New York is meant to be a bastard of a Marathon, hilly and potentially freezing cold.
Can only dream of that! Doing my first one next weekend.

Yep. Seems a decent course.
Yeah, it's nice. I haven't done the full marathon there, I did the metric marathon. Very fast first few kms, so take care not to get carried away and go off too fast! I did and paid for it around km 22! If I remember there's a nasty little hill about a mile (ish) from the finish.

Yeah, it's nice. I haven't done the full marathon there, I did the metric marathon. Very fast first few kms, so take care not to get carried away and go off too fast! I did and paid for it around km 22! If I remember there's a nasty little hill about a mile (ish) from the finish.
Had a look at the course and the worst hill seems to be about 2 miles from the end 😞

That's excellent.

Long term aim of mine to do all the majors, only done Boston so far though.

A few weeks ago I actually met a sporting legend, I'd been following this chaps career since my Mom and Dad used to take me when I was about 6/7, finally got to talk to him, although he wasn't as sharply dressed as the posters on my wall, he still took time to talk to me, don't believe the old adage, always meet your heroes

IMG_1863.JPG

I didn't know Adrian Edmondson bowled.

The lack of respect for the "uniform" is staggering

What a rebel. The 80 yr old+ women members must think he is the Fonz or something

Back