• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

There bringing out a Lego back to the future. That will be cool.

Just bought Far Cry 3. Can't wait to give it a go. Probably be tomorrow now with Wolves being on tonight and me working tomorrow.

So I'd imagine they'll do all three films within the same game a la LOTR?

My ps3 is playing up a bit so I'm annoyed but I can play my Wii U so it's not a disaster.

I don't think I'll be buying any more games now till after Gta V comes out.

Before the Hobbit in the cinema tonight they had an advert for Bioshock infinite. It looks insanely good. Cannot wait for that one.

Could this be the best deal ever for games?

On the Steam Sale at the moment is....

Brink and all DLC
Dishonered
Doom 3
Fallout 3 and Fallout NV
Every Quake game ever made.
Rage
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim

Total cost? Just short of £55

There must be literally thousands of hours gaming here. Considering the price of just one console game this is unbelievable.

What a deal.

This is when it's worth paying the price for a good PC - you will never get ripped off with price of games.
A good PC will last you at least 5 years - almost as long as the life of a console.

Now don't get me wrong - I have a PS3 as well and love playing games on my big TV - but only when they are less than £10.
This week I've bought Dead Island + all DLC and Fallout NV + all DLC for less than £20.
That's another few 100 hours gaming!

I need to retire....

I got Lego Harry Potter 2 and Rocksmith for Christmas.

Fortunately, Rocksmith is just about perfect for the level of skill I have with a guitar. I'm not great at all, so the many tutorials are extremely helpful (totally self-taught so it's good to see how these little tricks are done). Whereas Guitar Hero is good fun, Rocksmith is essentially a learning tool but it's really good fun at the same time.

The Guitarcade has a few daft little arcade games that you use your guitar with - for example, there's a duck shoot game - if you pick the right note on the right string, it shoots a gun at the ducks. It's against the timer so if you miss, the clock ticks down quicker, until you build your score up again. There's another one which is the same idea as Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (remember that?). It works via sliding on the right string and strumming to drop the blocks. Superb way to learn.

If anyone is 'alright' at playing but doesn't know too much about lead guitar, it's a brilliant game. For anyone who is pretty decent, it's a waste of time.

I've been tempted by Rocksmith but wonder if it would suit me. I've been playing guitar for donkeys years so didn't know if I'd be frustrated by it.

It's not really a price you can just impulse buy either.

With Rocksmith Langers can a complete novice learn how the basics of the guitar work with the game?

Pretty much everything this game does, encourages you to explore, to do more than just run through the story and toss the game aside. It actively wants you to play everything and it is hard to resist, with many ways to navigate the island, on foot, by road, by water or through the sky, it is much more than just a simple game, there is so much more than the story and the side quests, you would be doing the game a great injustice if you didn’t take in everything it had to offer. It would be like going on a safari and just looking up the facts on wikipedia while riding the off road vehicle.
Far Cry 3 is not only one of the games of this year, it is one of the games of this generation. There was nothing about it that ever came close to ruining the fun, it is a true sandbox experience and all the faults from the previous games have been ironed out. Simply put, you must buy this now!

Agree with all of this after a few hours of playing it. It's absolutely superb. I'm taking it slowly, getting used to the world and the pacing of the game, and it's bloody good fun.

Cheers for the persuasion!!

With Rocksmith Langers can a complete novice learn how the basics of the guitar work with the game?

Not sure about a complete novice - I think it helps to have a little bit of experience first. For example - I know how a guitar works, I understand about chords and I know what different methods of lead guitar are all about. My problem is the actual execution of lead guitar exercises as I'm self taught so I've got into some pretty bad habits.

If you want to learn the guitar, I'd say Rocksmith is best to pick up after about 6 months or so after you know how to play a few songs and want to get into the intricacies of lead guitar.

Not sure about a complete novice - I think it helps to have a little bit of experience first. For example - I know how a guitar works, I understand about chords and I know what different methods of lead guitar are all about. My problem is the actual execution of lead guitar exercises as I'm self taught so I've got into some pretty bad habits.

If you want to learn the guitar, I'd say Rocksmith is best to pick up after about 6 months or so after you know how to play a few songs and want to get into the intricacies of lead guitar.

Cheers Langers, I am looking in to learning something in the new year and I just thought I'd ask. Cheers man.

Been playing a bunch of games recently, namely Far Cry 3, Hitman and Assassins Creed III

Far Cry 3, brilliant single player but as everyone says the multiplayer is not as good, I can't seem to get hooked on it.
Hitman, some of you may have seen the big drop in price of this game already to about £20 but I still quite enjoy it. I'm just worried about the re-playability factor when the campaign is completed.
AC3, Single player seems decent, multiplayer decent too - Just like it's predecessors really.

Had Lego Pirates for Christmas, completed the story, am now in the process of finding all the minikits and red hats to complete the game, already got all the characters so free play should be a lot easier now. Thoroughly enjoy playing this game, forgot how good it was.

Please please please please please be good.......

Picked Football Manager 2013 up from Asda out of the bargain bins for £10. I think my girlfriend will not be too pleased :D

Back