• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF's Best of a Bad Bunch Manager Choice

Who would be your 'favoured' candidate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You do know Mendes has nothing to do with Wolves unless we ask him about players and possibly managers? He has no other interests in the club - No shares, no board seat, no reserved table at Sir Jacks or a parking space in Asda. He is just 1 of many people that Fosun will use and at the start he was very handy as they actually own part of his ass.

Not all the 13 are Mendes players you know...unless of course Jorgies book now reads - Mourinho, C Ronaldo, Stearman, Gladon & Lonergan of course

Out of the Mendes player 1...just 1 was a bit of a mystery but the way to look at that - He is the type of player you sign during an emergency loan window, we don't have one of them so we signed him in the normal window on a loan deal. You are getting bent out of shape for the wrong reason right now. If we were sat here wondering what the fuck we had signed from the Mendes books then maybe you would have a point. Mendes is not responsible for Doherty, Batth, Coady, Edwards etc

Ok one was a complete mystery.

But the guy on here from Benfica or Porto, (can't remember which) summed up many of the others quite succinctly, and most of them didn't come up to muster, unless you were a Wolves fan , just taken over by megabucks Fosun, and just having experienced the previous season under KJ.

Doherty, Batth, Coady, Edwards etc were already here pre Mendez so i don't really get your point, except that out new manager has played them virtually every game, when the Mendez boys were on rotation.

But it's not the players I am against, it's the involvement of what will turn out to be the Foreign Allardyce( in cash terms) so deep into Wolves.

Fuck me, it's hard enough for a 55 year Wolves fan to cope with Chinese owners, let alone those said Chinese owners arriving with a suntanned version of Redknapp's dog in their back pocket.

Doherty, Batth, Coady, Edwards etc were already here pre Mendez so i don't really get your point,

We should have signed more is the point. Majority of the new signings are fine - players left over - not fine

Back to Mendy...I would say the President of Benfica has been more influential on Fosun than Mendes has and will ever be.

Paul Lambert signed lots of poor players from the Continent, Benteke being the exception which covered for many failures.

You do know Mendes has nothing to do with Wolves unless we ask him about players and possibly managers? He has no other interests in the club - No shares, no board seat, no reserved table at Sir Jacks or a parking space in Asda. He is just 1 of many people that Fosun will use and at the start he was very handy as they actually own part of his ass.

So if they own part of his ass, why are at least half the players he sent us, the result of that endevours of that same.said ass, now sitting/floating in the Wolves pan.

Fosun panicked and said Wolves are shit, Mendo, we need players fast, and the bulk of the team is still made up of KJ players.

Ola John you all laughed at, Solvio arrived injured......

FFS Dave Edwards is still our most (next to Danny B) our most selected player, don't you think something teeny weeny was not right with |mr Mendez selections....well apart from how much he earned from them that is.

Wolves continue manager hunt
Football

Pat Murphy
BBC Midlands football reporter

Rob Edwards is likely to remain in charge of Wolves for their home game on Saturday against Derby with the club relaxed about the current first team coach holding the fort for the second game in a row.

Wolves will embark on a second round of interviews from tomorrow onwards and with the bookies' favourite Paul Lambert in Germany till Thursday - taking in a match and catching up with his close contacts - there is no pressing need for a quick appointment.

Lambert is on a short-list of three, joined by Nigel Pearson and Dougie Freedman but Edwards is also in contention, with Wolves under-coach Scott Sellars as his assistant.

Contrary to many reports,Tim Sherwood is not in the frame - nor has he been approached or interviewed by Wolves. Nor are Roy Keane and Harry Redknapp.

Thank fuck for that last sentence.
Still hope the net has been cast wider than reports suggest though.

Mendes is a dick and I wouldn't want him involved in a direct way for any length of time, but he was asked to get us some decent players quickly - remember we only got the takeover through two weeks before the season started - and what he has given us has been by and large pretty decent.

The problem is legacy players, they aren't any good and they need replacing.

I totally understand and accept your first paragraph, jeez i'm not stupid.

But the legacy players we need to replace are being replaced by the legacy players Benfica needed to replace.
That is the Mendez merry go round that was clearly explained on here , in great depth by the Benfica fan.
Were you on holiday?

Just looking at the window he signed Benteke, some rubbish among them.

Vlaar wasn't rubbish, El Ahmadi was a bog standard DM, Holman was a pre-contract signed by McLeish, Sylla was shit I'l grant you.

Still not seeing this "lots of poor players from the continent".

Silly question maybe?, but was Saiss a Mendez player? can't remember but if he was , Numero Dio for Mendo, as almost everyone on here rates him.

Luna, Tonev, Cissokho, Kozak, Bacuna.

There was a bit of a turd conveyor belt rolling through Villa park whilst Lambert was around.

I totally understand and accept your first paragraph, jeez i'm not stupid.

But the legacy players we need to replace are being replaced by the legacy players Benfica needed to replace.
That is the Mendez merry go round that was clearly explained on here , in great depth by the Benfica fan.
Were you on holiday?

Dear Jorge, please give us a new 25 man squad in six weeks, Love Fosun.

The fact that Doherty, Coady, Edwards, Batth etc are still being picked or favoured as acceptable options is a management failure. Zenga has already paid for it, Edwards won't get the job after picking them, we have to hope Lambert or whoever susses out that these are rubbish footballers.

We have options to replace Doherty for instance yet he has started every single league game, I can tell you that's a mistake because the loping cunt can't defend, but it's up to the manager to sort it out. Jorge Mendes isn't making Rob Edwards pick him.

Dear Jorge, please give us a new 25 man squad in six weeks, Love Fosun.

The fact that Doherty, Coady, Edwards, Batth etc are still being picked or favoured as acceptable options is a management failure. Zenga has already paid for it, Edwards won't get the job after picking them, we have to hope Lambert or whoever susses out that these are rubbish footballers.

We have options to replace Doherty for instance yet he has started every single league game, I can tell you that's a mistake because the loping cunt can't defend, but it's up to the manager to sort it out. Jorge Mendes isn't making Rob Edwards pick him.

100% agree with all of that, and rightly Walt has gone on the grand trip to do one, BUT....... If the new manager (Walt) who had never seen deadly Dave et al before, still picked them, what does that say about the Mendo offering, taken as a job lot, which they were.

Personally, however much i would like to, I never buy a big sack of potatoes at the markets here, as whilst the top half is full of goodies.......

How do Pearson and Lambert constitute a bad bunch when compared to Zenga and Jackett ?

After reading Rob Edwards praise of namesake Dave I definitely don't want to see him in charge any longer than is necessary. Paul Lambert is now my choice by default.

An air shot from 12 yards constitutes an outstanding performance apparently. Strewth.

Between his gushing assessment of D. Edwards and Batths of R. Edwards there's a lot of backslapping going on for utter incompetence. These lot need breaking up.

Back