• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF's Best of a Bad Bunch Manager Choice

Who would be your 'favoured' candidate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it is Lambert, interestingly it will match the forum poll in choice.

After reading Rob Edwards praise of namesake Dave I definitely don't want to see him in charge any longer than is necessary. Paul Lambert is now my choice by default.
This, I couldn't believe what I was reading and if he really believes that I want him nowhere near our management team.

That is a huge "not-Pearson" vote isn't it.

I am taking a watching and waiting brief on this one. Norwich Lambert could be stellar for us, but the question has to be whether the Villa job broke him. We can safely ignore the Ewood nuthouse.

Still hoping on Pearson. Best candidate we could have.

No he isn't. If he came with Walsh and all the scouting team then maybe yes, but on his own I am less than convinced.

After reading Rob Edwards praise of namesake Dave I definitely don't want to see him in charge any longer than is necessary. Paul Lambert is now my choice by default.

An air shot from 12 yards constitutes an outstanding performance apparently. Strewth.

Between his gushing assessment of D. Edwards and Batths of R. Edwards there's a lot of backslapping going on for utter incompetence. These lot need breaking up.

I mentioned this the other day before the article today. You can tell by the organisation and positional awareness of our players that they just aren't coached up to an acceptable standard imo. If Edwards thinks that Dave was fantastic then this adds to that as he obviously has very low standards, he did score the goal but his overall play apart from that was that of a league 1 or 2 player. The new manager has to bring his own staff in or if Edwards and the coaches we have continue to do so i can't see us improving as much as we need to.

There shouldn't be any overriding loyalty to the existing coaching staff, we have new owners, a new manager coming in, we haven't been any good for 18 months. If they are actually bringing something to the table - we wouldn't know either way as we don't see training, but the evidence carried through to matchdays isn't exactly compelling - then fine, they can stay, but otherwise it should be time for a clearout. At first team level anyway.

I've thought for years that we've been light on first team coaching staff, having an assistant manager, one first team coach and fitness/goalkeeping personnel doesn't seem sufficient for a club with the supposed aims we have.

I am frankly sick of everyone associated with the past including the so called legacy squad and don't see why any deserve to stay. Hearing Edwards in the media this week waxing lyrical about mediocrity sums it all up and its telling that Zenga and co banished them, they are not up to the job. I hope whoever comes in be it Dour Lambo or Psycho Nige brings in their own staff

Sod Danny Batth and Dave Edwards promoting their pal Rob and hoping for a continuation of the Kenny comfort zone

To be fair Edwards and Batth were praising Walter. Never understand why folk get upset about standard comments made by players to the press.

What exactly do those sneering at the Lambert / Pearson expect ?
Mourinho? Klopp ?
Both are a massive upgrade on Zenga and Jackett with a record of automatic championship promotion and first season establishment in the Prem

What exactly do those sneering at the Lambert / Pearson expect ?

How about an upcoming manager who's proving himself to be a bit of a bright spark, y'know, like Bournemouth did with Howe? How about looking a bit further afield now we've broadened our horizons and look at some up and coming foreign talent? We'd have had Lopetegui if Spain hadn't come calling and that would have been a real coup, so the bar has been set by the owners.

Why should we be looking at the usual suspects, one who's been broken by a God-awful Premier League club and one who's just fucking mental and would happily turn round and tell you to 'fuck off and die'? Unless you're into that kind of thing personally.

Mourinho? Klopp ?

Stupid enough to invalidate your paper-thin argument.

Both are a massive upgrade on Zenga and Jackett with a record of automatic championship promotion and first season establishment in the Prem

Why not just bring McCarthy back then? Oh yeah, he's been busy getting Ipswich promoted the last three years...

Some of the stuff I have read about Pearson on here - :icon_lol:

Anyone would have thought we were interviewing a criminal on death row. Calm yourselves down, loves.

Look at the Leicester side who went on an unbelievable run the season before they won the Championship. With Pearson in charge he managed to turn their season around completely, finding some fantastic players (Kante etc) on the way. Clearly he got the dressing room together as a unit and the players believed in him. If we have a manager who has the odd scuffle with the media, it makes it more entertaining and I'm all for that (Mick being the most recent example of a Manager with character, rather then the bland likability of someone like KJ).

Pearson has a good record at this level and I don't particularly agree with the label that he's a "4-4-2 merchant" either.

It's a fairly moot point, because it looks like Lambert will get the gig - but some of the overreaction to Pearson and him as a character (not just on here) has been laughable.

Well, he is strictly a 4-4-2 merchant.

He had nothing to do with Kante, or any transfer at Leicester as that was Walsh's remit.

Well, he is strictly a 4-4-2 merchant.

He had nothing to do with Kante, or any transfer at Leicester as that was Walsh's remit.

He's also not a serial killer, which some would have you believe.

Back