• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Will Randall

I really dont understand this signing, when we've got Wallace out on loan. The recruitment is all over the place at the moment.

Good one for the future. You have joined a great club. Good luck and wear that shirt with pride.

No qualms with signing talented young footballers.

It seems to be the only well functioning part of our recruitment policy.

Yep, this is the only thing Thelwell is good at. If he works hard for a year or two and breaks into the first team like Evans, Hause & Graham did then it'll be a bargain.

Hopefully he is a more successful "bright, young prospect" than Saville, Rowe, Wallace etc. With only 9 first team appearances to his name at a lower level, it looks like we'll have to be patient with this one.

Best of luck, Will.

They were all signed for the first team though and in any case Rowe was 26 when we signed him.

For all that the club can be criticised for at the moment, we have some very, very talented players in the U18's and U21's at the moment and Iorfa, Graham, Hause and Price have all broken through in the last 18 months or so.

Just a shame we'll get fewer than fifty games from them in our midtable second tier bumbling before they get poached. It's hard to get excited about talented youngsters, because the chances are they'll just be chucked out on loan to grow more powerful, or eventually get Jacketted to death.

Just a shame we'll get fewer than fifty games from them in our midtable second tier bumbling before they get poached. It's hard to get excited about talented youngsters, because the chances are they'll just be chucked out on loan to grow more powerful, or eventually get Jacketted to death.

We could have a crop of youth who come through together playing good quality football because they know no other way.

whats the point of buying youth players - its the 1st team that requires strengthening. we just end up feeding other clubs

whats the point of buying youth players - its the 1st team that requires strengthening. we just end up feeding other clubs

Well we'd be a bit fucked at the moment if not for Jordan Graham's recent form - what was the point of signing him?

These sort of comments baffle me.

Every club in the world, barring Barca and Real are feeder clubs nowadays. It is not something restricted solely to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Every club in the world, barring Barca and Real are feeder clubs nowadays. It is not something restricted solely to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

You're absolutely correct, Nando: the problem is being a feeder club for Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic

I'm not talking about the best clubs in world football, it's a club that's somewhat struggling in the Championship. Plenty of time to add to the youth system (which we already have a good quantity of players) once the first team has the players to make a push forward.

I'm not talking about the best clubs in world football, it's a club that's somewhat struggling in the Championship. Plenty of time to add to the youth system (which we already have a good quantity of players) once the first team has the players to make a push forward.

We had one of the best strikers in the division bought in last season and look how that ended up. Nothing wrong with bringing in youth for the future whenever you sign them, it's obviously not breaking the bank or affecting first team recruitment. To me that's just moaning for moaning's sake.

I notice you didnt reply to YoungWolfs question directly above the post you did quote... Care to offer a retort or do you acknowledge he's right and you're point is ridiculous?

So because we have a decent number of good quality youngsters in the club, we shouldn't be looking to add more until the first team has been strengthened? That's nonsense.

I'm fully aware that we need to add to the first team, that doesn't mean we can't look to the future at the same time.

Well we'd be a bit $#@!ed at the moment if not for Jordan Graham's recent form - what was the point of signing him?

I see your point but I think Jackett was forced into using him rather than have confidence form the start at this level. He seems fine for players to do it at lg1 or 2 just not in the champ. We seem to be breeding a lower level champ outfit at the moment rather than building for the prem.

I hate to lump on, but that is a very facebook page comment. Youth recruitment should never stop. It's the only way we will get back to the prem. Didn't produce much on the pitch but think about the contribution Walcott and Oxlade made to the Saints post dell revival.

Whats the point of selling programmes or pies when the first team needs work? Close the stalls and lets get those staff out looking for first team additions too...

Back