• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We’ll be lucky to get one more point before the WC like this - any new manager would struggle to rescue us and any manager we really wanted wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. Get rid now.

We’ll be lucky to get one more point before the WC like this - any new manager would struggle to rescue us and any manager we really wanted wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. Get rid now.
We've gotten 5 points from our last 6 games. The teams directly above us aren't doing much better PPG.

If Jeff somehow did wait until the World Cup, I don't think that's a cast iron guarantee that we'd go down. It's another 8 games from now , which isn't ideal. But let's say we'd be 6 points below 17th at that point, I'd still back any half decent manager to get this squad out of trouble with 22 games left to play.
By that logic a half decent manager could get a lot more points out of those games and maybe put us in with a chance of salvaging something from the season. So why wait?

No tactics. None.

We knock it around OK by default as they're good footballers. But there's no plan.

Go 1-0 down, forget it. Same as ever.

Drop the wanker off at Heathrow, he lies, he commands no respect and his results are disastrous.

By that logic a half decent manager could get a lot more points out of those games and maybe put us in with a chance of salvaging something from the season. So why wait?
Because the manager we want isn't available yet?

Would be interested to know what Bruno-in people are saying on Twitter now (if any are left)

I'd happily changes managers tomorrow. I'm just trying to explain why I don't think it will happen. I doubt Jeff is shitting himself just yet, or avoiding phone calls from Guo.

If we're doing projections on current form then we're on course to score 14-15 goals all season. Good times.

If Jeff somehow did wait until the World Cup, I don't think that's a cast iron guarantee that we'd go down. It's another 8 games from now , which isn't ideal. But let's say we'd be 6 points below 17th at that point, I'd still back any half decent manager to get this squad out of trouble with 22 games left to play.

That’s just a nonsense I’m afraid 6 points adrift gives us a chance? How about we don’t allow ourselves to get into that mess in the first place we could be 4 adrift by next week already.
There’s zero guarantee on us doing anything with this man in charge we’re not getting any better.

I'd happily changes managers tomorrow. I'm just trying to explain why I don't think it will happen. I doubt Jeff is shitting himself just yet, or avoiding phone calls from Guo.

Well he should be and if he isn’t I’d be asking why? Leaving Bruno in charge is being wilfully negligent.

I get what you're driving at but if they're being that myopic about it they are absolute fucking morons. That's like staying on the Titanic because the lifeboat you want isn't available yet.
Jumping into the ocean didn't work out great for many who didn't want to wait for a lifeboat.

Its not Lage who needs to act now, it's Shi & Sellars. They're ultimately accountable here.

Lage has demonstrated what he can & can't do, his bosses need to recognise it's not good enough.

Back