• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2014-15?

where will we finish?

• Top 2

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Play offs

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • top 10

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • bottom half but safe

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • back to league 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Cyber

Well I cant see one of these so at the risk of incurring wrath where do you all think we will end up this year. I am going to try a poll with the following choices but if that fails can a mod do the necessary with these for me?
1. Top two automatic
2. Playoffs
3 Top 10
4 bottom half but safe
5. Back to League 1

I'll go out on a huge limb and say automatic. Call it ridiculous optimism and blind faith if you like, but there you go.

Promotion this year back to back would be one hell of an acheivement. Looking at the freindlies and the play we looked pretty solid even when under pressure. It bodes well for a championship season and we do look like a team, not a group of individuals. That said its a strong league. I have gone for top 10 finish, probably just outside the playoffs. Higher would chuff me to bits but I would be happy to consolidate this year if it makes us stronger later.

8th or 9th IMO.

We're not strong enough for automatic however that said I think we'll finish in the play offs and win in them. One of the things we need to make sure that we keep is the confidence that we were playing with last season.

Injuries will make a big difference as we currently don't have great squad depth, especially up front. Kenny will need to make good use of the loan market

I voted top 10

Top 10 for me. I daresay there will be a section of our support unhappy with that, but we have a decent base to build on, and such a finish in our first season back with a pretty young squad wouldn't be too bad IMO. Anything else is a bonus.

Top 10,which I deduced is 7th-10th.We haven't really built on the promotion,too much deadwood I suppose is why.

About 14th for me. Think we needed to add a couple of players. If we lose Dicko or McDonald we are in big trouble.

Top 10 I reckon. Thing is with this league there isn't usually much of a gap between 7th and 15th so I think we'll be near the top of that pack

Sights set low on this forum, huh?!!

I think we should be capable of knocking on the door of promotion tbh. Yes, the opposition was weaker, but I saw some superb football from our boys last season. The right type of football too - that should see us progress. I think we need to tighten up at the back. We let a lot of chances through last season, but a combination of Ikeme playing well and L1 strikers being mostly shit saw us keep so many clean sheets.

A new CB and another option up front and I think we've got a good chance of challenging the top two.

Top 10 with what we have but if KJ plays the same game as last season and builds through the season then play offs are well in our grasp.

I think this side has the potential to be as good as or better than McCarthy's title winning side. It may be a little early to judge but it looks better defensively and has more creativity all over the park. What McCarthy had was very good, but relied heavily on the wide players and a goalscorer whereas this team has much more to it. They do both share a very important characteristic - a strong team ethic. That took McCarthy's side further than the sum of it's individual talents and if we're lucky and steer clear of injuries to key players I think automatic promotion should be the aspiration and we've enough at the club for that to be a realistic target.

They do both share a very important characteristic - a strong team ethic. That took McCarthy's side further than the sum of it's individual talents and if we're lucky and steer clear of injuries to key players I think automatic promotion should be the aspiration and we've enough at the club for that to be a realistic target.

This is a good point - morale, togetherness and confidence are massive qualities for a football team. Hopefully we can continue from where we left off last season. We've seen the flipside of the coin with that over the past few years.

Although I can't really see us achieving promotion, it's certainly not beyond us - I think it's more likely than relegation was 2 years ago!

Depends which clubs have injuries with their key players, if Dicko and McDonald stay injury free Wolves could make the play offs, there's not that much to fear. Also Jackett would need to use the loan market quickly should he lose these players.

Aye, but forgive me for not wanting to spend a moment longer in this division than we have to. We've been here for most of my life.

Think we'll end up between about 10th-14th which wouldn't be to bad at all, don't think we have got enough to trouble top 6 as things stand.
Reality is I wouldn't be surprised with anything we do or don't do this season, IMO the three that have gone up will all survive and will improve the quality of the league.
My three to go down are Blackpool, Charlton and Huddersfield.

Back