• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Burnley: Verdict Thread

Yep, thought the game was crying out for Doyle's dynamism in the second half, especially with Joao not having a great night.

Bit concerned about fatigue levels for the Forest game but at least we have an extra day's rest on them. I'd probably start Doyle and it's a toss-up between Sarabia and Bellegarde.

Obviously watched game via Amazon but would have thought Burnley were sending the match out live themselves as was so biased. Don't start me on the female contribution !!!
A win is win even though we played poorly. Always start so slow and don;t press too much. Thought first half especially, Lemina was playing too deep leaving massive gap in midfield. Thought Kilman had one of his best days and Bentley did well too.
We must be prepared for Notts F to come at us fast and furious and to prevent them scoring too early.

The comms were bad but mainly because they didn’t shut up for more than 2 seconds at any point. The stadium fx option was a godsend

The co-commentary was appalling last night (and really weirdly biased towards Burnley), regardless of the sex of that person.

Owen was the same level we’ve come to expect (shite). Frustrating when I flicked over to the Arsenal game after ours ended and they had the superb Ally McCoist.

Yep, thought the game was crying out for Doyle's dynamism in the second half, especially with Joao not having a great night.

Bit concerned about fatigue levels for the Forest game but at least we have an extra day's rest on them. I'd probably start Doyle and it's a toss-up between Sarabia and Bellegarde.
Doyle wouldn't have made a scrap of difference, nobody was holding the ball up even if he passed to them.

He's super slow and lacks any physical strength. He was exactly what was not needed last night.

The co-commentary was appalling last night (and really weirdly biased towards Burnley), regardless of the sex of that person.

Owen was the same level we’ve come to expect (shite). Frustrating when I flicked over to the Arsenal game after ours ended and they had the superb Ally McCoist.
I don't actually think the co-comms was that bad, she was knowledgeable (about Burnley) and made some good points.

However what let her down hugely was her inability to know when not to speak. It was relentless, and this is what made it bad.

Owen is always crap, and was only on screen for about 20 mins, we all know he's crap.

Doyle wouldn't have made a scrap of difference, nobody was holding the ball up even if he passed to them.

He's super slow and lacks any physical strength. He was exactly what was not needed last night.
Yeah I agree, I like Doyle, but I felt Traore was the right sub and could have been made earlier.

On the whole I think GON got his subs right last night, I don't think Fabio or Sasa would have improved things for us.

Kilman MOTM for me, with Dawson and Toti close behind, Semedo was good too, it was a very solid back 6 performance in fact.

Sarabia was best of the rest and got better the game went on.

Another assist for Cunha, his goal involvements have really improved.

Too much speaking in general, but particularly at half time when all four were just talking over the top of each other.

Yeah he caught one v Jonny.
friends-i-knew-it.gif

I actually didn't think there was anything wrong with the commentary TBH. Neither pundits nor comms annoyed me, not even Michael Owen who usually does.

Normally I pick up on annoying comms but I was completely indifferent to it last night.

Maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age?

I should have added that Sasa would have been another sub to make to help hold the ball up.

We were sluggish and needed an outball. Doyle would have been our best option for doing that.

I actually didn't think there was anything wrong with the commentary TBH. Neither pundits nor comms annoyed me, not even Michael Owen who usually does.

Normally I pick up on annoying comms but I was completely indifferent to it last night.

Maybe I'm just mellowing in my old age?
Maybe!

They both just talked too much.

The repeated going on about sub graphic thing surely did niggle you slightly though?

Maybe!

They both just talked too much.

The repeated going on about sub graphic thing surely did niggle you slightly though?

I'm used to ITV comms which is constant inane prattle - didn't think it was close to that. Also the pre-match build up was all on our game, not a prelude to one of the 'Big 6' etc. I thought it was decent.

Yeah the sub graphic thing was mentioned too often, I'll concede that. We should blame the 22 players on the pitch for not creating enough excitement to talk about!

Back