• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

I reckon chiquinho has the ability to be direct / unsettling too, provided he comes back from his injury ok.
His injury was a massive shame. Albeit on limited appearances he looked quick, direct and could actually put in a decent ball consistently. Hopefully it’s is the norm rather than our situation at the time.

Really hoping Neto returns to the Neto of old as well under Lop. Felt he was poor before his injury, obviously with the caveat of Mr Lage being head honcho. Can’t deny we have a very good manager now, so it’s on the players to take on board how he wants to play etc.

Also didn't seem many wearing their colours (or they all thought it was cold and kept their coats on).
Did see couple of Israeli flags (don't know if that's usual for them)
At least the obvious Spurs fan who got a ticket in the Billy Wright a few rows in front of us had a miserable time. The most obvious imposter in the ground since Hoever’s last game.

His injury was a massive shame. Albeit on limited appearances he looked quick, direct and could actually put in a decent ball consistently. Hopefully it’s is the norm rather than our situation at the time.

Really hoping Neto returns to the Neto of old as well under Lop. Felt he was poor before his injury, obviously with the caveat of Mr Lage being head honcho. Can’t deny we have a very good manager now, so it’s on the players to take on board how he wants to play etc.
Think Neto probably just needs minutes, he will be a bit hesitant after 2 lengthy injured spells.
He came out of the clattering by Skipp ok (although that did put him off a bit) so after a few of them hopefully he'll be fine.

The more you look at it the more the Craig Dawson signing looks a great bit of business.
Exactly what we needed and has raised the levels of those defending with him.

The more you look at it the more the Craig Dawson signing looks a great bit of business.
Exactly what we needed and has raised the levels of those defending with him.
Weakened a rival as well. West Han are atrocious at the back.

Among all the (rightful) Lop praise, Dawson and Lemina show that there's some useful recruitment nous within the club too
Yeah, all of the signings have improved us in some way. Even Bentley sounds like he’s been very good on the training ground. Long term we will see if Cunha can be the source of goals we need but no doubt he improves us when he’s on the pitch.

Reactions: b3h
Without wishing to diminish his impact which is clear to see, what Dawson is proving is what many on here have spent years saying. Which is it isn't difficult to find a competent bread and butter PL centre half. We just chose not to look for one

I’m sorry I missed you guys. Just a week too late. I’m glad you had a great time.
Ah, mate, it's unfortunate but that's how it is. Best and greatest of luck over there. We'll have some chances in the future, I'm sure.

And before we left, we took a shot to take with us back home.
PXL-20230305-084311481.jpg

Last edited:
Another yellow card for Neves resulting in him needing to go six games without getting another or face a two match ban.

• Sad
Reactions: b3h
For all the (entirely justified) euphoria regarding our second-half performance, just as important for me was the fact that we managed to keep it to 0-0 at half time. Kane might be a stain on the game, but his record speaks for itself and the way in which Lemina totally neutralised him without even picking up a card was a joy to behold. Credit to the whole defence, for me. Yes, Spurs might easily have scored a goal or two, but we equally might also have scored more. I didn't feel as though we were riding our luck, just dealing with extreme pressure.

Speaking of cards, I wish Neves would stop picking them up. Yesterday's was probably worth taking, but he gets far too many. That's 9 now. He'll be a big miss when the inevitable 2-game ban arrives. [Edit: Ninja'd there by SSB :rolleyes: ]

Among all the (rightful) Lop praise, Dawson and Lemina show that there's some useful recruitment nous within the club too

They’ve brought a bit of grit and leadership, both of which were badly needed.

By the end of the season I think we’ll be hailing Sarabia as a good signing too. I’d be interested to see a front three of him, Cunha and Raul interchanging.

Think Neto probably just needs minutes, he will be a bit hesitant after 2 lengthy injured spells.
He came out of the clattering by Skipp ok (although that did put him off a bit) so after a few of them hopefully he'll be fine.
I absolute hope so, as he did look a real player.

They’ve brought a bit of grit and leadership, both of which were badly needed.

By the end of the season I think we’ll be hailing Sarabia as a good signing too. I’d be interested to see a front three of him, Cunha and Raul interchanging.
Was just saying the same earlier. Cunha really brings a mobility to the front 3 which creates space for others. Reminds me a little of the old Raul, minus the finishing ability obvs.

Raul has always thrived when he’s played with players who can create space - Jota, even the Traore of old. So I’d be very interested to give him and Cunha a run.

Raul has always thrived when he’s played with players who can create space - Jota, even the Traore of old. So I’d be very interested to give him and Cunha a run.
In his recent games, thats when he's looked at his best, tbf he was decent all through yesterday.

Yep, seemed a lot more like his “old self”. Not making excuses for him but if we’re going to isolate him upfront he won’t look much good really.
He was very much like the Raul of old. No coincidence he plays well when players are close to him.

The narrow fluid 3 up front worked much better for him.

Back