• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 West Ham: Verdict Thread

Mostly played well and deserved the 3 points. We always seem to put ourselves under undue pressure late in games by showing a lack of composure and panicking a bit. Once again I thought the referee was an absolutely useless pile of shit, who gave West Ham a free kick every single time they fell over (which they did with even a breath of wind on them) and only gave a foul for us when it was virtually GBH. Absolute wanker. Again.

A lot of the late game panicking will be down to a lack of confidence.

TBH, I'm amazed Lopetegui has turned the Lage shit show around so quickly.

I would maintain that going 5 ATB isn't the problem in and of itself, it's that many of our players still don't believe they can see things out.

That was never more clear than with the confidence Lemina patrolled the pitch with during the final 10', when the game was at its most chaotic. Not a coincidence that he also has just been playing for a team in good form, IMO.

7 from 12 for JL, and you could argue it should be more. Good stuff. Still need to keep grinding out points but I think we'll be ok. Leicester going backwards again, Leeds falling, Bournemouth still down there, Everton and West Ham can't get going.

We're on an upward curve, and consistently showing progress and the ability to be much better. Absolutely cannot say that for those you mentioned.

One of Moyes, Lampard and Rogers is for the chopping block soon

We're on an upward curve, and consistently showing progress and the ability to be much better. Absolutely cannot say that for those you mentioned.

This is what is encouraging - we're getting better game by game, and the noise from the players about more togetherness is supporting that feel good factor.

Just think there's Gomes and Sarabia to add to this, too. Genuine competition for places is going to make a massive difference.
Agreed. The subs made a big difference today when West Ham were starting to get on top. Genuine replacements and depth is a lovely thing.

We are hopefully doing what Newcastle did last season. I'm pretty sure they were in a worse position at Xmas than we were and look at how they turned it around. They added some astute signings and climbed their way out of trouble. I think we can do the same.

Agreed. The subs made a big difference today when West Ham were starting to get on top. Genuine replacements and depth is a lovely thing.

Indeed. Encourages others to up their game who in the past have walked into the team due to a genuine lack of competition.

We are hopefully doing what Newcastle did last season. I'm pretty sure they were in a worse position at Xmas than we were and look at how they turned it around. They added some astute signings and climbed there way out of trouble. I think we can do the same.

I think they had 10 points after 18 games. It'll be closer this year as there's nobody properly cut adrift (yet) but we look well set to fight or way out of it. For now.

Say what you like about Podence, he keeps delivering. Comms said Guedes wasn`t on the bench, does this mean cheerio?

very encouraging start from Loppydoodledoo. Having Lemina on the bench is a massive upgrade, and we should have bought a couple of his sort years ago. I suspect we didn't for fear of losing a million or two.

Lovely win, looks like we're gradually getting better and more composed. More balanced squad and still a few to come in hopefully.
It's ridiculous but I'm actually gunna be disappointed if we don't get points from the next 2 games.

Ecstatic that we’ve won that absolutely huge game. We’re just harder to beat I think Lop has gone back to basics which has given us a base to work from.

Massive win. I had to go and play football with my son on his bedroom for the last 10 mins as I was too nervous!

Reactions: b3h
Back