• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 West Ham: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Phew. Bit hairy at the end there. Much needed win. Huge result for us.

All aboard the Lop Train.

I thought we looked the better team ultimately. Just had to hang on at the end.

Last edited:
Huge result and it's only really the Forest win that went against us. Some nice no pressure league games coming up with City and Liverpool, too.

I was raging at the telly about the Raul goal being ruled out. Was convinced it was exactly the same situation at Salah’s goal last week. Thankfully irrelevant

Can you imagine what it'll be like when this lot (and the new lads) have had time to gel together?
I've been imagining that since Fosun took over. Looks like it might actually happen now, though.

Can you imagine what it'll be like when this lot (and the new lads) have had time to gel together?
Sarabia and another CB will hopefully make us a lot more balanced

Mostly played well and deserved the 3 points. We always seem to put ourselves under undue pressure late in games by showing a lack of composure and panicking a bit. Once again I thought the referee was an absolutely useless pile of shit, who gave West Ham a free kick every single time they fell over (which they did with even a breath of wind on them) and only gave a foul for us when it was virtually GBH. Absolute wanker. Again.

We've come out of the relegation zone just in time for the midway point in the season and with some very encouraging performances all round. Made it unnecessarily difficult for ourselves at the end there, when we really should have made it 2-0.

Lemina with an excellent debut of the bench, winning the ball back like no one else we've got in our squad - including right at the end to stop a WHU attack and turn it into a counter for us instead. The glaring hole is centre half, where Collins still does as much bad as good. But, overall, I thought we thoroughly deserved the win.

Went to pieces again after going 5 at the back. Stop fucking doing it. And please get Sarabia over the line so I never have to see Adama again, jesus christ.

Some very hairy moments at the back but think we did edge it. First half was good without the final ball (as usual) - we're moving the ball a lot quicker though which is good to see. Well taken goal by Podence, Neves was unlucky with his effort 2nd half but honestly Nunes outshone him today, excellent performance. Lemina looked promising when he came on as well.

7 from 12 for JL, and you could argue it should be more. Good stuff. Still need to keep grinding out points but I think we'll be ok. Leicester going backwards again, Leeds falling, Bournemouth still down there, Everton and West Ham can't get going.

Back