• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 1 Hull - The Verdict Thread

Which is predictable and what we are trying to get away from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unpredictably having your best strikers on left side of midfield so your midfielder can not score from a yard? You're right, the opposition won't have planned for that.

Edwards ran around a lot. His technique sucked - when Dawson pulled out and he put it out for a goal kick, seriously? - and he put our strikers out of the box by being in their position. We're just carrying him, and need to get someone to help create chances for Afobe and dicko, not to just 'run around a lot'

The atmosphere was very flat. I was in the North Bank and the emptiness around the ground was all too visible. That didn't help the game. Blame the Sunday 12.00 KO and the television.
Also don't forget the fact we have a big home game against QPR on Wednesday. Non STHs who have to choose will always opt for the untelevised one.

Unpredictably having your best strikers on left side of midfield so your midfielder can not score from a yard? You're right, the opposition won't have planned for that.

Edwards ran around a lot. His technique sucked - when Dawson pulled out and he put it out for a goal kick, seriously? - and he put our strikers out of the box by being in their position. We're just carrying him, and need to get someone to help create chances for Afobe and dicko, not to just 'run around a lot'

Not what I meant at all, which you know.

For those who can get it, BBC Radio 5 Live are doing live commentary on the QPR game.
Which I listened to today as I couldn't get to the pc and I thought the commentary was pretty good.
Reading the Matchday thread and this verdict thread it seemed pretty accurate vs those that went and are talking on here.
They did like Wolves threatening, inventive and gung ho if not sophisticated attacking style, Kilbane thought we outplayed Hull and were very dangerous and entertaining in our creative build up.
They did think KMac played well especially one divine 'over the top of 4 defenders' lobbed ball and his excellent saving block/tackle towards the end.
Iorfa was a beast, highly impressive and very strong defending and in response to 'is he a Prem Quality player?', Kilbane thought with just the merest smudge of continued development, he certainly would be.
Overall from what I was listening to, it seemed a good game to watch, though it pains me to say it, these are the chances we might look back on if we fail on goal difference again that have cost us dear.
Those chances early on and one that Dicko couldn't quite get his head to were, it was reported, 'just had a bit too much on the ball'.
Though some on here just couldn't believe Edwards and Dicko didn't fucking score, waffle waffle waffle.

So roll on QPR.

Finally been able to watch a wolves match - since they were relegated (and not on Ausstar/Fox sports anymore). - via Bein sports....

Looking at the pace of the game - it really felt like a premiership match in terms of pace/accuracy of passing and consistancy of athletism.

If other games are like this - I wonder how much difference there really is between the lower 1/2 premiership and upper championship?

Has the aquisition of Coady compensated for the loss of Sako?

If we still had Sako we'd piss the league this year!

Coady has improved us, I hope one of the new boys can be half as good as Sako was and then we will be fine.

Finally been able to watch a wolves match - since they were relegated (and not on Ausstar/Fox sports anymore). - via Bein sports....

Looking at the pace of the game - it really felt like a premiership match in terms of pace/accuracy of passing and consistancy of athletism.

If other games are like this - I wonder how much difference there really is between the lower 1/2 premiership and upper championship?

I think we're going through a very open period in the PL - almost like we're back to the late 90s/early 00s, where qualification to the CL is not unrealistic for maybe half the league. Still not likely, of course, but if one of Chelsea/Man City/Man United/Arsenal makes a hash of things, the gap in quality between those four and the next tier - Spurs, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton, Stoke, probably West Ham too - makes it not inconceivable for an unexpected team nicking fourth.

Conversely, though, the bottom of the table seems just as predictably a battle between a half dozen teams as ever. I dare say we'd probably win as many as we'd lose in a run of head-to-head matches against a Sunderland or a Villa, but it feels like now's a particularly good time to get promoted. If we do things right over the next three or four seasons we could climb up into that tier of teams where European qualification is an outside chance.

I really enjoyed yesterdays game and felt we could and should of won. Had an "interesting" chat with someone after the game who said that Martinez flaps too much, Coady is too lightweight and was leaving all the work to McDonald.
I didn't agree with his view but I don't think he was particularlly struck on my opinion...It was like having a conversation with DW about the positive attributes of Seyi Olofinjana! (I know, there weren't many)

I really enjoyed yesterdays game and felt we could and should of won. Had an "interesting" chat with someone after the game who said that Martinez flaps too much, Coady is too lightweight and was leaving all the work to McDonald.

Ha ha - I think I know the conversation you're referring to. And I agree with you!

Ha ha - I think I know the conversation you're referring to. And I agree with you!

I wondered if he'd actually been watching the same game as me! He wasn't having anything positive about Coady or Martinez... I thought both did well and they could have a really improtant part to play in our season

Oh and on yesterdays performance, we really need to get McD signed to a new deal asap

Oh and on yesterdays performance, we really need to get McD signed to a new deal asap

Thought he tired in the last ten minutes but that's to be expected. His last ditch tackle that prevented an almost certain Hull goal: wow.

I wondered if he'd actually been watching the same game as me! He wasn't having anything positive about Coady or Martinez... I thought both did well and they could have a really improtant part to play in our season

He won't have a word said against McDonald - which includes giving his midfield partner more praise! I've not figured out the Martinez hatred just yet - I think it's a case of taking an instant dislike to someone for no reason whatsoever and refusing to change his mindset. I don't think he's ever seen him play before TBH.

Have to say its amazing how different people see it. I did not get there but watched it with my dad. Thought Edwards had a really good game, have to say Dicko gave the ball away / lost it far more than Edwards.
Really impressed with the way they played, play like that this season we will take some stopping, Edwards was millimeters from winning the game for us. I'll not see a game now for 2 weeks, off on a cruise tomorrow, I am far more impressed with this team than i was when I saw Mick's team.

I think the football is much easier on the eye. However, there is the question of effectiveness, which will only get answered as we go along. I am very hopeful though.

Seems to me from the highlights I've seen and reports from others that the only thing missing to have made it an exceptional performance, was a couple more goals, which happens sometimes

I thought we played really well up until the last 10 minutes.

Although the result wasn't what it should have been, was very pleased with how we played.

Hull will be there or there about come the end of the season and we played them off the park.

Was very impressed with Coady and was easily my man of the match.

Didn't think McDonald had a very good game at all, but when he does teams will struggle to live with our centre midfield.

Thought Edwards had a good game again and not sure why people are moaning about him.

Afobe started the game well, but dropped too deep in the second.

Wasn't overly impressed with Hause and Iorfa was excellent first half.

I thought we played really well up until the last 10 minutes.

Although the result wasn't what it should have been, was very pleased with how we played.

Hull will be there or there about come the end of the season and we played them off the park.

Was very impressed with Coady and was easily my man of the match.

Didn't think McDonald had a very good game at all, but when he does teams will struggle to live with our centre midfield.

Thought Edwards had a good game again and not sure why people are moaning about him.

Afobe started the game well, but dropped too deep in the second.

Wasn't overly impressed with Hause and Iorfa was excellent first half.

Agree with every word of that.

What did everyone think of those white training kits we walked out in yesterday btw? I thought they looked classy as fuck (apart from the sponsor).

Back