• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

Sorry to carry on in a negative vein, but how fitting was it that Hwang would deliver the decisive assist for a Newcastle equaliser?

FFS the guy is to football what Mr Chinnery is to animals

I’m not linked into the Wolves Twitter crowd well (deliberately for obvious reasons…). For those that are, is there a similar reaction of Bruno out developing? I recall the consensus in the summer was that the Bruno out message seemed to be localised to this forum mainly and that a lot of people wanted Bruno to have more time / money before that. Is that changing in the ground as well as twitter?

The tide is slowly turning.

Because he's had money and time and we're still shit. They might be behind the curve but not that far.

Wanting your team to lose is something that I could never get on board with. in fact it’s a fucking disgrace.
yeah we seem as clueless as ever especially trying to protect a one goal lead. Hwang is a fucking liability and podence is just nothing 9 times out of 10. Raul acts like a prick with his bollox fancy dress
we still look hard to score against which will save us to an extent we won’t go down imo I just hope this striker comes in and works. They won’t sack Lage anytime soon however much wailing and gnashing of teeth come from SM. They chose him for the project and until he fails in an big way he’ll survivE. Personally I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough but also I don’t want managers sacked after 4 games.

we did it with mick he should have gone the summer before

We'd be sacking him after 42 games, not 4.

P42 W15 D8 L19 F40 A47 Pts 53

It's crap and the second half of that tenure has been awful.

Still should have won that game comfortably. Neto’s chance was a little harder than I thought at the time, but still harder to put it over than on target. Nunes‘ header was terrible, it was an open goal and he was under no pressure. And we manage to not make the best of many promising situations.

Where was the Nunes from the first half against Tottenham? He was missing for large parts of the game and Moutinho was largely anonymous. That midfield three should not have been surrendering possession to a very average Newcastle midfield.

I don’t think we will be relegated but the players are there for a tilt at the top end of the table but I fear we will tread water in the middle most of the season

As far as I’m aware from my position in the South Bank, I have yet to hear verbally any “Bruno Out” dissent being directed at the dugout. Our main worry is to find another manager with a four-syllable name so we can still sing the Neves song from our rapidly dwindling back catalogue of chants.

Reactions: b3h
I know we lost two points yesterday but regardless of the performance it was fine margins that did for us ultimately.

Maybe Neto doesn't push Fraser quite as hard and we get away with it and are 2-0 up. Hwang's clearance doesn't drop perfectly to a Newcastle player. ASM doesn't hit a worldy volley from a ball dropping out of the sky.

Lot of what ifs and buts, but it was much more likely we won that game than conceded right at the death.

They had that header at the end too, but he never even connected with it, it came off his shoulder by the looks of it. I thought it had come off Neves to start with.

Last edited:
I know we lost yesterday but regardless of the performance it was fine margins that did for us ultimately.

Maybe Neto doesn't push Fraser quite as hard and we get away with it and are 2-0 up. Hwang's clearance doesn't drop perfectly to a Newcastle player. ASM doesn't hit a worldy volley from a ball dropping out of the sky.

Lot of what ifs and buts, but it was much more likely we won that game than conceded right at the death.

They had that header at the end too, but he never even connected with it, it came off his shoulder by the looks of it. I thought it had come off Neves to start with.
The Willock chance (first half i think) and the penalty call were also fine margins that could easily have gone against us.

I know we lost yesterday but regardless of the performance it was fine margins that did for us ultimately.

Feels like a defeat… because we play like a bunch of losers.

Ive no idea what more evidence the Bruno defenders want. Feels like the Yes Prime Minister episode on the nuclear option. When do you press the button, when they’re at Watford Gap services?? When we’re so adrift no one decent will want to come? Of course not, he just needs more time because, well, stuff…

Though to be fair, it felt like a loss!

I don’t understand this “lost the dressing room” stuff. Boly is having a bit of a paddy as he wants a move away - you can have one player throw his toys out the pram without it being a squad attitude.

Jonny also played well yesterday. Raul worked hard and has always been partial to a wacky celebration.

I know we lost two points yesterday but regardless of the performance it was fine margins that did for us ultimately.

It’s always about fine margins.

You change those fine margins by tactics and subs. That second half was one of capitulation, trying to control something we never had control of in the first place.

It was clear we could create chances in the first half but this is now the third game in a row where we have tried to ‘control’ the second half and we’ve lost all three of those halves.

At some point you have to look at the manager and say this ain’t working cupcake.

You change those fine margins by tactics and subs. That second half was one of capitulation, trying to control something we never had control of in the first place.

It was clear we could create chances in the first half but this is now the third game in a row where we have tried to ‘control’ the second half and we’ve lost all three of those halves.

At some point you have to look at the manager and say this ain’t working cupcake.
A penalty save off that being 4/4

Bruno’s downfall yesterday was the subs first and foremost. We drop off in second halves because he makes changes far too late and by that time the opposition has their tails up and the control is gone.

As I said yesterday: cowardly and playing it safe. It also annoyed me that we decided to match Newcastle’s style of play as the game went on. We’re at home: we should be dictating how we play/the tempo/etc.

And hasn't been for a long time now, it's not a mere dip in performance or results.

Back