• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

More points thrown away thanks to a shite clearance from Hwang. Unlucky not to get away with it but still.... The sooner he goes to Leeds the better. Shouldn't have even been brought on IMO as Traore deserved a run out after his goal on Tuesday.

A decent enough performance up until then, and we looked in control of the match right up until that clearance. Lage left it too late with the subs and they had the wrong effect.

Neves easily MOTM. He deserved to be a match winner today.

Last edited:
Wrong substitutes, far too late. Nunes was blowing and I’m not sure how Traore doesn’t get on the pitch.

Thought we did OK up until then and the front play was starting to improve

Someone also needs to sit down with Pedro and tell him he can pass into the middle and run, not take on 2-3 players. Every. Single. Time.

Some promise, but he needs to sort something out. Toó many players out on there feet. Nunes and Guedes are struggling to get the pace.

Raúl is playing catch up fitness wise.

2nd half last 2 weeks has been shocking 2nd halfs.

Adama had been warming up so how the fuck does Hwank get on. What was he doing on our line clearing the ball ???
timing of subs all wrong again.

We have no plan at all. I am not a manager i have no idea how to manage a team, but when you attack you must have a plan. A plan how to build up . We depend so much on ours attackers speed and most of the times the passes are terrible . At least 5 times where Nunes ruined an attack with terrible passes. Also , we can’t defend for the time we score , but if you want to do so when you make substitutions put defenders and not wingers

More points thrown away thanks to a shite clearance from Hwang. Unlucky not to get away with it but still.... The sooner he goes to Leeds the better. Shouldn't have even been brought on IMO as Traore deserved a run out after his goal on Tuesday.

A decent enough performance up until then, and we looked in control of the match right up until that clearance. Lage left it too late with the subs and they had the wrong effect.

Neves easily MOTM. He deserved to be a match winner today.
Worst substitution in history - why on earth would you not put Traore on. So negative to put on Hwang who is so useless.

I don’t know if there is a bit of a plan - plenty of times Guedes and Nunes would drift into space in the middle and call for it but it just wouldn’t be passed to them by anyone. It’s more concerning if some players don’t know your tactics than there being no tactics at all

He has to go, another 90 minutes of cluelessness and relying on individual brilliance rather than any coherent plan on winning a football match. We got lucky (or unlucky depending on opinion) in the fact Wilson and Guimaraes were both injured and Isak wasn't registered in time, as we'd likely have lost had any of those three been available.

A game of two teams reliant on individual achievement which without which it would likely have ended 0-0.

Thought I saw green shoots last week but goodness me that was dire. Can you imagine us putting in the kind of performance Newcastle did without Neves? I thoroughly dislike Howe for his diving shitbag Bournemouth team, and likely always will, but we made them look like Liverpool today.

Where was the playing out from the back? Why were we constantly lumping it? God bless Raul for the amount of utterly thankless running he did today because he had fuck all to work with most of the day.

Hwang and Bruno can both go.

Dreadful, would be happy to never see Lage again, the idea people were happy we replaced Nuno with this clown. His Defensive style was never as turgid as the crap Lage has shown today.

So fortunate to have caught them with so many key players missing.

Lage is playing as the typical Portuguese philosophy. Lob it from the back to the front and hope for the best.

We did control for most of the match, shame we can barely string it along nicely.

I think making Newcastle look like Liverpool is strong… we were OK largely and they didn’t threaten us. The mistake was making subs too late.

36% possession with the footballers we have is fucking criminal. At no point in that second half did we try and take control, take the sting out of the game, and give the defenders a break. If you spend 50 minutes inviting pressure, there will always be a mistake or a piece of magic - or in this case both.

We had a good 10-15 minutes today, and a good first half against spurs, but that second half was outrageously bad. Braindead, incompetent management.

Back