• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

I think after a satisfactory first half there was a lack of discipline in the second. Massive game for us and we didn't hold it together. Ruben will lead by example and Mout is the dogs gonads as far as I am concerned. Given the situation the club is in it needed an iron fist and I feel too many of them could have done far better.

If anything it needed a bit of calming and game management as the second half stunk of a frantic team not used to being a goal up.

Trouble is they can't see the problem at board level, so he'll just be allowed to muddle on.

The board are the problem, that's why they can't see it. The problems run far deeper than the first team coach.

Such a basic error, made worse by the fact we were ahead and all he needed to do was put it down the line. Wonder finish but should never have had the chance. Other sub Pod brought nothing to the game as I expected. Lage is clueless and if Fosun are prepared to spend big on players they need to bring a manager to get the best out of them.

Back four, Neves and Nunes did well. Raul should put more effort into keeping the ball and less into moaning constantly, he’s becoming a joke.
And maybe forget the fancy dress bollox cus everytime he gets into his prop box it seems to blow up in his face.

Well that was special from Bruno Saunders.
Yet again we go in at half time leading and either don’t win or come very close to sacrificing the game.
Substitutes were about 15 minutes to late and wrong.
The tactic from about 70 minutes onwards was hoof it clear.
That wasn’t a decent performance whoever thinks that has a very low level of expectation.
MOTM Neves and good displays by Semedo, Collins and Kilman.
Hwang I’m sorry we’d have been better off telling him to just stand up field. Way way out his depth.
That’s 11 without a league win, I know some on here are adamant that last season should be erased from memory but it shouldn’t at all.
This league is in danger of swallowing us up if we’re not careful at best we’ll be in the Mix for relegation with Bruno in charge.

The board are the problem, that's why they can't see it. The problems run far deeper than the first team coach.
I tend to think this isn’t the time for that comment. I’m pretty much as dismayed by the Board as everyone else, but surely anyone would agree that’s a very good starting XI with plenty of talent on the bench too. Next up on this thread I expect the last bastion of the defenders of the indefensible: ‘it’s not Bruno missing the goals - making poor clearances - failing to implement a coherent plan - responsible for team spirit or cohesion - anything whatsoever to do with the performance of the team…

The Board aren’t changing and they’ve provided plenty of talent to be in the top half of the division. Evidently changing the manager is necessary. He demonstrates no leadership competencies whatsoever.

If anything it needed a bit of calming and game management as the second half stunk of a frantic team not used to being a goal up.

I agree and cannot deny the pressure they are under. They just don't make it easy for themselves. Guedes and Nunes should fit into the patterns quite easily given how well they know most of the team.

Towards the end i watched Raúl chase someone, then break into a Jog before Finally stopping and standing still. We need some energy, last year we could have bought a forward on this year nothing

Too many looked a bit leggy which given that the game was not exactly played at a high tempo is quite worrying. Appeared to be minimal character on the pitch or any leadership. Our ability to attack as a fluent unit with many options is way off the requirement and without Ruben today we'd have lost. Much to be done. Not entirely convinced Lage can resolve this on the training field.

This is something else I've noticed, we are noticeably less fit than we have been previously.

Terrible second half, regardless of the poor substitutions. Inviting pressure throughout. Lage doesn`t seem to have any "solutions" to how to counter opposition tactics. Neves and Semedo were our best players today. Collins had a few hairy moments but when you`re on the back foot they are going to happen. Donk had his best game in a Wolves shirt, seriously though, why bring him on in the last minute of the match? Lage won`t last till the World Cup at this rate. Oh, and Jessie, hurry up and come and get him!!!

The board will have to act sooner or later 4 points from a possible 33 in the last 11 games.
Personally don’t know many clubs in many divisions that would let that happen.
Regardless of backing does anyone honestly that’s the very best that’s achievable with the squad he had last season and now?
Are we better than when he took over?
What identity do we have?
If he doesn’t win any of the next 2 then we could easily be cut adrift after 10 games.

I honestly don’t think it makes any difference if we bring in De Bruyne and Mbappe this week.

Under Bruno Lage the football and football results will not change.

The bloke is an embarrassment to our football club.

A bit of everything to throw that game away really. We know Bruno struggles with his subs and it’s cost us the game today but also the players decisions in the final third are nothing short of atrocious for the level time and time again.

I don’t think Lage will be here long as if you can’t change a game then Premier League management isn’t for you and it gets shown big time but whoever comes in also needs to be backed with more changes. We need another forward player as Jimenez is miles off it unfortunately and the midfield is crying out for someone in front of Neves and Nunes to get on the ball and create.

It’s a massive game on Wednesday now and i know plenty want him gone but we need to win a game no matter who is manager.

can't see them sacking him anytime soon tbh, especially after getting him the players he wanted (with more to come).trouble is by the time they realise he's a liability it will be too late

Terrible second half, regardless of the poor substitutions. Inviting pressure throughout. Lage doesn`t seem to have any "solutions" to how to counter opposition tactics. Neves and Semedo were our best players today. Collins had a few hairy moments but when you`re on the back foot they are going to happen. Donk had his best game in a Wolves shirt, seriously though, why bring him on in the last minute of the match? Lage won`t last till the World Cup at this rate. Oh, and Jessie, hurry up and come and get him!!!
Donk was brought on purely to add more height in the wall. In fact on reflection it’s one of Lage’s better subs!

Back