• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest - the verdict thread

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Disappointing that we did not hold out for the win that I felt we deserved.

KJ cost us.

Baffling lack of subs and waited until the momentum had swung before bringing on afobe.

The South Bank are really trying to pull this season round but KJ is trying his best to kill it. Really disappointed in him.

Manager has to take the blame for that. Players looked shattered and he doesn't make a sub and when he does, it's a like for like, the game was crying out for a bit of pace ala Byrne but he keeps him benched. KJ is undoing all his good work.

Fucking shite. I hate Friday night games at the best of times. This was not the best of times.

Shit game, shit result, shit management.

Same every week

Angry we didn't win against another poor side in this league, 5 homes games without a win and only 2/10 wins at home simply way below the standard expected.
Performance was ok but our ability to shut the game out was poor, whilst we controlled most parts it wasn't as if we were peppering their goal.
Defending for the goal conceded was such basic defending.
Tonight would have really thrust us back into real play off contention now we're sat in limbo not going anywhere fast.

I've been holding off as long as I can but I think KJ has lost me now. At 60 minutes our players were visibly tiring and we needed a change to liven us back up (I would have gone for Afobe and Byrne for Graham/Henry and Edwards personally). Regardless of his performance, which I won't comment on, Edwards could barely run at the end, why was he still on the pitch?

Strange and poor management from Jackett. We may not have lost in five, but we are actually in the middle of our easiest run of games and that is very concerning.

Apathy has really set in. I was looking forward to it, and then hated being in the ground. It was dull and I was glad to leave. Watching Wolves has become something I no longer like. That makes me sad.

Forest were there for the taking but yet again Ken throws 2 points away with shite selections/subs.

At 1-0 we were crying out for pace on the break but instead he persists with the truly awful trio of Alfie, Henry and Edwards in attack. So slow, ponderous and lacking in composure. We're playing with one hand tied behind our back.

Only bright spark going forward was Jordan Graham. He's going to be a top player. Can anyone explain to me why he was the EIGTH player to play left wing for us this season behind useless thunderconts like Jed Wallace, Sheyi Ojo and Dave Edwards?

Price and Macca were quality when our cloggers in the back four let them play with the ball instead of hoofing it over their head at a 5 foot nothing goal hanger. EEL was at least looking solid defensively up until his half arsed attempt to block off Blackstock.

Thoroughly pissed off with that performance.

Thought Henry was really poor today, too much dicking around with the ball.

It's frustrating as take Henry and Edwards out and add any 2 from a possible 5 or so replacements and we have a good team.

I can't even be arsed to be angry any more. cheers KJ. Anyone want my season ticket?

Looks like we had a better 2nd half than the 1st.
11 attempts with only one save from the keeper.
Piss, piss poor against a side who could hardly put a pass right and fucked it up every time they went forward in open play.

Match ends, Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, Nottingham Forest 1. 90:00 +4:52 Full time
Second Half ends, Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, Nottingham Forest 1.
84:49 Attempt blocked. Kevin McDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
76:08 Attempt saved. Jordan Graham (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Kevin McDonald.
74:16 Attempt missed. Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Jordan Graham with a cross following a corner.
70:14 Attempt blocked. James Henry (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Kevin McDonald.
56:47 Attempt saved. Jack Price (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Jordan Graham with a cross.
53:00 Attempt blocked. Adam Le Fondre (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Scott Golbourne with a cross.
52:52 Attempt blocked. Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Jordan Graham with a cross.
50:21 Attempt blocked. James Henry (Wolverhampton Wanderers) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Adam Le Fondre.
48:27 Attempt blocked. Adam Le Fondre (Wolverhampton Wanderers) left footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Dave Edwards.
45:00 Second Half begins Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, Nottingham Forest 0.
43:38 Attempt missed. Jordan Graham (Wolverhampton Wanderers) left footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by James Henry with a through ball.
41:45 Attempt blocked. Kevin McDonald (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Scott Golbourne.
35:31 Attempt blocked. Adam Le Fondre (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Dave Edwards.
27:39 Attempt missed. Jordan Graham (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is too high from a direct free kick.
14:43 Goal scored Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, Nottingham Forest 0. Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Jordan Graham with a cross following a set piece situation.
0:00 First Half begins. 0:00 Lineups are announced and players are warming up.

That was pretty poor in my book. Two teams severely lacking in tempo and invention, both just drifting towards a mid-table season. We're playing with the handbrake on, these tactics are insipid, especially at Molineux - two wins in mid-December is absolutely abysmal, I'll have a look but that's got to be close to our worst half season at home at this level in the last 25 years in terms of victories.

Positives:

Graham was excelllent, the end product isn't always there at the moment but he's direct, can beat a man on both sides, always threatening...please, why have we played Edwards, Wallace and Ojo there this season ahead of him.

Golbourne had a good solid game.

Price and McDonald did well in a limited sense, without ever threatening to hurt Forest. But at least they stopped Lansbury running the show as he has a couple of times against us.

Negatives:

Edwards. Bloody Edwards. He's a passenger, a fucking terrible footballer playing in THE MOST vital attacking position in this system. He did nothing tonight that Paula Radcliffe couldn't have done. We're once again persisting with playing a number 10 who offers zero creativity and doesn't score anywhere near enough to compensate for that. Joke of a selection, week after week.

Soft goal to concede, it's really weak defending by EEL and I'm not sure Ikeme should be glued to his line when a ball's floated up like that and travels all the way across the six yard box.

Henry didn't really do anything of note.

We didn't pose Forest any real questions other than off set pieces in the second half and let them back into a game that was there for the taking.

Same old crap tactics at home, the results speak for themselves Ken. Stop doing it. Add in today no reaction to their subs and then we stick with the same formation even after they equalise and we bring Benik on.

I lost it with Jackett after Bristol City, I wanted nothing more than for him to win me back round but it isn't going to happen. He's terrified of attacking teams, he's happy enough to send out teams that average 1 goal and 1 point per game at Molineux, he's got terrible blindspots, it's all over for him. Just a matter of time until the club snap out of their slumber and sack him, the sooner the better.

The south bank did everything they could to get behind the team. It was obvious that Edwards and the tiring but brilliant Graham should have been replaced by Afobe and Byrne and a 442 employed at 60 mins. Mr Potatohead has no idea and will still justify his mistakes with BS. In general the game was OK ish bit we should be burying these type of teams. KJ is out of his depth. Negative shit boring we need archangel but it won't come till its too late for transfers and we lose Afobe

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think if Jackett had been sacked and that performance had been under a new regime then it would have been accepted as an OK performance but we are where we are and not much is gonna change until the current Manager is replaced.

I think if Jackett had been sacked and that performance had been under a new regime then it would have been accepted as an OK performance but we are where we are and not much is gonna change until the current Manager is replaced.

It was shit. We don't create anything, we don't look like scoring and we play shit football. Set pieces is our only opportunity and it helped today that Forest average height was 5ft 6.

A new manager may have got some slack, but it would have still been accepted that there is plenty of work to do. When the manager is continuing to serve up the same shit week in week out, then he's not gonna get the slack.

Back