• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 0 Reading: The Verdict

I've just had a look and here are our results after losing league games in 2017/18:

Southampton 0 Wolves 2
Burton 0 Wolves 4
Norwich 0 Wolves 2
Ipswich 0 Wolves 1
Leeds 0 Wolves 3
Wolves 3 Reading 0

Played 6
Won 6
Scored 15
Conceded 0

That is remarkable.

I've just had a look and here are our results after losing league games in 2017/18:

Southampton 0 Wolves 2
Burton 0 Wolves 4
Norwich 0 Wolves 2
Ipswich 0 Wolves 1
Leeds 0 Wolves 3
Wolves 3 Reading 0

Played 6
Won 6
Scored 15
Conceded 0

That is remarkable.

That's ridiculous!

#bouncebackability

Watch Jinky steal that for Twitter in the hope it goes viral.... :whistle:

Southampton 0 Wolves 2
Burton 0 Wolves 4
Norwich 0 Wolves 2
Ipswich 0 Wolves 1
Leeds 0 Wolves 3
Wolves 3 Reading 0

Played 6
Won 6
Scored 15
Conceded 0

That is remarkable.

Particularly as 5 of those were away games

Hope that Tredman has gotten some more sleep & is feeling a little better about things now :icon_smile:

As someone (Jinky?) said the other day, we were starting a ten-game season. With last night's results we now have a six-game variation against Villa and Fulham given our leads over them to secure promotion; nine against Cardiff for the title (eight if you believe the status quo will remain because even if they beat us the goal difference swing won't be enough). Squeaky bum time hasn't quite ceased but is noticeably diminished.
Whoever said that sounds like a very, very wise man.

From the sounds of it Reading are the worst team to have come to Molineux since the time Reading visited Molineux last season.

From the sounds of it Reading are the worst team to have come to Molineux since the time Reading visited Molineux last season.

Sunderland might have achieved that accolade if they had bothered coming out of their own half of the field

Up their with Sunderland with their attacking threat.

Such clueless tactics though. If we were watched on Saturday, we were a bombscare from set plays. They had a couple of corners which they put nowhere near the danger area and all free kicks around our penalty area were passed along the edge (from one we almost scored on the counter). Have faith in your passing but realise you kind of need to get in the penalty area sometimes.

Hope that Tredman has gotten some more sleep & is feeling a little better about things now :icon_smile:
Not really, missed yesterday's game as I'm at a stupid conference in London :)

I'm a particularly bad loser and looking on the bright side after a defeat isn't my strong point [emoji23]

Read it on Twitter last night, so Langers has now taken the thief title. Disgraceful.

You lie. I went on the fixtures list and looked up the results!

If someone else did that before I did then they can fudge off for being overly keen.

It was almost as if Reading hadn't bothered to consider any way in which they might pose us problems while setting themselves up to allow us to pose them problems. There insistence on continually trying to play it out from the back despite the fact that we kept closing them down forcing them to play the ball into touch or aimlessly forward was bizarre. They did nothing to try and counter the wing backs, Neves and Saiss were rarely put under any pressure and walked through the 90 minutes, Bennett and Boly were allowed to bring the ball forward without any challenge and Coady repainted the penalty spot with tipex due to boredom.

Dave Edwards and Bodvarrson are many things, but shirkers they are not - yet they were invisible.

We may well be flat track bullies, but as we probably only need (at most) 5 wins - there are enough flat tracks ahead to feel confident.

I've only just got round to watching the highlights. That pass from Neves for the 2nd goal is pure sex and great to see the old Costa footwork back. How did Helder not add a 4th goal though?

He was trying to lay it off for an open goal for Bonatini I think. Should have just smacked it, but a nice sentiment to be trying to get Leo back among the goals.

He was trying to lay it off for an open goal for Bonatini I think. Should have just smacked it, but a nice sentiment to be trying to get Leo back among the goals.

Not wanting to humiliate other teams - really don't want to show our hand too early this season :icon_biggrin:

You can't seriously include Southampton as a bounce back game as that was in the cup and we made 8 or 9 changes!

Brentford 0-0 away was after the Cardiff loss.

Back