• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to a Chinese friend who works for a huge telecommunications company, in China. He says there is no news about Robert Li buying Wolverhampton Wanderers on any Chinese internet pages.

I know it means nothing, but asked him out of curiosity.

Perhaps because Robert Li doesn't exist...

I've got to the stage where I click on this thread to just read the posts with no expectation of news...I no longer log on in excited anticipation
It'll happen when it happens

I would imagine the first thing we'll hear is the announcement of a press conference ?

I hope all this buying the club news isn't a wind up.

I would imagine the first thing we'll hear is the announcement of a press conference ?

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a press release with the big details - takeover completed, Steve Morgan sold 100% of his shares to Robin Li/a consortium led by Robin Li - to announce the press conference, where more details would be forthcoming. They may well announce a new head coach to replace Jackett, if that's happening, in the press release too, but I could see they might have a separate press conference to announce the new manager if it's Lopetegui.

To clarify, I wouldn't give a toss if our ground got renamed to the Baidu Arena or whatever. I wouldn't be calling it that and nor would anyone else bar on intros to highlights on TV where they're legally obliged to do so.

Agreed especially if there is. A few mi!lion
Quid in it

In terms of motivation, it's probably more cost effective to spunk 30m on buying wolves, plus 70m building a promotion winning team than buying a lower tier premiership team.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Also, I don't know where the idea that black is unlucky in Chinese culture has come from.

Black in China is akin to purple in western European culture, that is, it represents royalty or honor.

If Chinese ownership were to have any effect on our colors (and I find this line of thinking to be quite distasteful), it would probably be a shift away from orange toward a more yellow shade, as yellow is traditionally considered the most beautiful color in China and remains its most popular color today.

Fucking hell Alan you could turn a foam party into a funeral man...

Also, I don't know where the idea that black is unlucky in Chinese culture has come from.

Black in China is akin to purple in western European culture, that is, it represents royalty or honor.

If Chinese ownership were to have any effect on our colors (and I find this line of thinking to be quite distasteful), it would probably be a shift away from orange toward a more yellow shade, as yellow is traditionally considered the most beautiful color in China and remains its most popular color today.

Orange?

ORANGE?????????

This isn't fucking Blackpool you know...

:rage:

We have played in "orange" for quite a while now...Long time since we've worn anything remotely "Old Gold" and I'd welcome a return as it is a unique colour to us. Leave orange to Barnet and Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back