• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (H) build up 13/09

I would go with

................Ikeme
Iorfa....Batth....Stears.....CBJ
..........Coady.....Saiss
Costa......Prince........Cav
.............Bodvarsson

Can't see Saiss coming in from nowhere. Same team as yours but Price in for Tex. Wouldn't surprise me if Wallace gets a run out for one of Cav/Costa this evening either.

Saiss will be on the bench I reckon.

I think wolfman's team might not be far off our best team for the bigger games if Coady can keep his form up (Costa/Teixeira interchangeable). Has a nice balance to it.

Can't see Costa AND Cav playing. Both still probably a bit off full fitness and would be an injury risk I think. Though if they do play they definitely wouldn't play on the weekend. As Walter says, August was essentially our pre-season. As the season goes on I think he will still want to rotate but not to the extent that he has done so far. We will need a consistent core of players playing.

Mason & Bodvarsson from the start & Wallace probably on for one of Cavaleiro or Costa (probably the former)

Would expect Iorfa back for eitherDoherty or Borthwick-Jackson. Dicko ready for the bench yet? I know he's not played a full 90 yet, but won't need to from the bench.

Walter's thoughts

Much has been made of team rotation , but clearly from this he's not really going to change as much every time - so possibly 3 or 4 this time

I think the first time we will see Dicko in the 1st team is the Cup game v Newcastle, probably on the bench. I would expect John and Saiss to also make their first starts in that game.

Dicko is training with the under 23's so I expect he'll first begin training with the seniors and then be on the bench.

I see nobody has mentioned Ola John at all. Looks increasingly likely he was a 'favour' signing for Jorge Mendes.

I see nobody has mentioned Ola John at all. Looks increasingly likely he was a 'favour' signing for Jorge Mendes.

He's a good player and has had a lot of unfair stick on here. Had he not been at Reading last season and had been somewhere a little more glamorous, people would have been a lot more excited.

He'll still have a big part to play this season. But in terms of the here and now, he's lacking match fitness by the sounds of it.

If Edwards is in tonight's squad, we will do no good tonight. Apart from that, I don't care if the cleaning lady plays.

We need a win tonight, and 3 or 4 goals, to get our season moving.

Not writing a preview blog for this one so I'll stick my preferred team here (and I'll assume for now that Silvio, Dicko and Saiss aren't ready to play a part):

-------------------------Ikeme---------------------

Iorfa-----------Batth---------Stearman----Borthwick-Jackson

------------------------Coady---------------------

-------------Oniangue--------Price------------------

----Cavaleiro-------Bodvarsson-------Mason-------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Saville, Teixeira, Wallace, Costa

I'd like that. Reckon Doc and Wallace will be in for CBJ amd Cav though

Not writing a preview blog for this one so I'll stick my preferred team here (and I'll assume for now that Silvio, Dicko and Saiss aren't ready to play a part):

-------------------------Ikeme---------------------

Iorfa-----------Batth---------Stearman----Borthwick-Jackson

------------------------Coady---------------------

-------------Oniangue--------Price------------------

----Cavaleiro-------Bodvarsson-------Mason-------

Subs: Lonergan, Doherty, Hause, Saville, Teixeira, Wallace, Costa

Agree with this side.

I'd switch Mason and Cav but DW's team for me.

We need Jon Dadi from the start. He has already shown his quality and influence. Coadys playing well so let's hope that continues. I would put money on Dangerous Dave having some part to play tonight. Let's hope for a performance. 3 -1 to us.

I would play Doherty on the left, though if CBJ started I wouldn't be disappointed. I would be disappointed if Iorfa wasn't playing though, there is no way Doherty is a better right back than Iorfa! (and CBJ will be a better left back eventually)

Bodvarsson is a must start, and both Coady and Mason played well enough in the previous match to deserve a start tonight. I'd probably play Mason instead of Tex though it depends on the fitness of the new guys

--------- Ikeme------------

Iorfa Batth Stears Doc

----- Coady Prince--------

Costa---Mason---Cavaleiro

------ Bodvarsson-----------

Needs to be, it's like the end of the world here 3 miles from town.

Forecast looks ok for 7-10.

Back