• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (H) build up 13/09

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Hopefully we can bounce back after dropping 2 points at the death vs Burton. Bodvarsson will surely start after impressing off the bench, I'd like to see Costa, Teixeira & Cavaleiro play again, the more they play together the better they'll get. Not sure why Saiss & John didn't make the squad, can only assume they're injured or not fit and wont start on Tuesday.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Borthwick-Jackson

Oniangue Coady Teixeira

Cavaleiro Bodvarsson Costa​

Can a mod fix the title please? Don't know how I managed to do that. :icon_lol:

I'd go with that team with 3 changes. Doherty at left back, Wallace wide right and Mason behind Bod. CBJ and Cav don't look like they have 2 games in a week in them and I can see Tex being more effective coming of the bench in games when it's more stretched.

I'd go with that team except for Doherty at left back and Wallace wide right. CBJ and Cav don't look like they have 2 games in a week in them.

If Ivan's not fit I'd either play Mason or move Teixeira further forward and play Price.

I thought yesterday we didn't run at them enough If we'd gone at their wing backs more I think we'd have won comfortably which is why I'd like to see Wallace play as although he isn't a winger as such he can be more direct than either Costa or Cav were yesterday.

I thought yesterday we didn't run at them enough If we'd gone at their wing backs more I think we'd have won comfortably which is why I'd like to see Wallace play as although he isn't a winger as such he can be more direct than either Costa or Cav were yesterday.

Agree with this. Desperate lack of urgency. Once Bod came on and started showing some intent a previously well disciplined Burton defence started to show some cracks. I can get to grips with rotation but there is simply no way Bodvarrson can't start. Gladon huffed and puffed but he just doesn't have the same presence it was almost Siggy-lite.

I think Mason did enough to warrant a start tbh. Bodvarsson must start so I would drop Cav and Gladon for those two.

I'd keep the defence the same to allow some time for them to gel as a unit

My XI:

Ikeme; Iorfa, Batth, Stearman, CBJ; Saiss, Oniangue, Coady; Mason, Cavaleiro, Bodvarsson

Thought Coady looked much better yesterday. I'd keep him alongside Prince.

Don't think CBJ has 2 games in him so quick so i expect Doherty at left back and Iorfa back in at right back. Should imagine Cavaleiro will miss out as well and Wallace or Mason will come in and Bod will come in for Gladon. That's how i would expect us to go but quite clear that Walter likes to rotate so i wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more changes.

Never mind this rotation bollocks, we need the three points and Barnsley are currently 2nd, so we must play our best side.

If we keep dropping points like we did yesterday, then we are going to be out of it before Xmas.

You need to tell Walter then because he's made it quite clear he is going to rotate.

You need to tell Walter then because he's made it quite clear he is going to rotate.

There are ways of rotating the squad. Doing it for the sake of it is stupid.

He made too many changes yesterday and it showed. I understand he wanted to give Bod a rest as he had just got back from international duty in Ukraine, but why the others?

There are ways of rotating the squad. Doing it for the sake of it is stupid.

He made too many changes yesterday and it showed. I understand he wanted to give Bod a rest as he had just got back from international duty in Ukraine, but why the others?

Hause and Iorfa had been away with England u21's and played 90 minutes on Wednesday. He then obviously wanted to play Costa and Cavaleiro as he thinks they will be first choice and the same with Prince and Teixeira. Not saying i agree with it but there are reasons why he did it. I think we need to play our strongest 11 but that changes from week to week depending on various factors and opinions. For example i think Iorfa and Hause if fit should be playing at right back and centre back but Zenga doesn't agree.

Reading Walt's after match report on the OS he says Mason was "tom and dick" all week.

Yesterday highlighted why Zenga has till now made only a few changes. I expect Iorfa in and possibly Hause. Bod should be OK having not played the full 90 mins so I expect him in as well. Is it just me or has Coady been replaced by his evil identical twin who can play football? Coady to stay in. Rotation is fine IMO if it's just a few changes 2 or 3 maximum.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

With so many new players still to settle in how anyone can know our best XI at the minute is a ridiculous concept. I doubt Zenga even knows.

I can see all the front three getting rotated. Cav and Costa looked knackered at the end and Gladon simply needs dropping.

Coady can keep his place, though I don't mind if Price comes in for Tex.

CBJ can have a rest and Iorfa can come back in.

Personally I'd go with:

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Stears - Doherty

Coady - Tex - Prince

Wallace - Bod - Mason

Agreed, he's on record as saying he now has two sides that can compete at this level, I wouldn't be surprised to see wholesale changes.

................Ikeme
Silvio....Batth....Stears.....Doc
..........Coady.....Prince
Wallace......Mason........Teixeira
.............Bodvarsson

Lonergan, Iorfa, CBJ, Saiss, Costa, Cavaleiro, Dicko/Gladon

Silvio's nowhere near fit enough for the first team yet.

Back