• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Benik Afobe

Dublin Drummer Wolf

Reaction score
I think he could be better than SEB. When did we ever see SEB run the length of the opposition half, shrugging off 4 opponents to slot past a keeper? Much as I love SEB and how important his goals were at the time, Afobe is a proper striker, he gets on the end of long balls into the area, he lashes volleys in from outside the area and he can run 30 yards and finish with style. SEB was a poacher whose goals mostly came from inside the area, Afobe is a threat from anywhere inside the final third.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not disregarding SEB's contribution in any way, I loved watching him, but I'm getting pretty excited watching Afobe, he's bigger, stronger and is more clinical than SEB. If we go up and he's fit, he could be massively important for us.

I bloody love him.

Afobe is fucking lethal... Tis all.

can we hold on to him if we are not promoted to the prem? ..and Sako, Dicko ?

I think we will probably lose Sako.

Dicko, maybe.

Afobe, not yet. Hes only just arrived and he's quickly turning into a legend, so I think he'll stick around

Agree with Paddy. It would take megabucks to buy Afobe and no one will take the risk on Dicko yet.

Yep. Have a look at the prices. And the length of contracts. If someone wants to pay us £15m plus for Afobe maybe, but that just won't happen.

No-one will want to pay what we'd want for either of them.

Sako will definitely go if we stay down.

No-one will want to pay what we'd want for either of them.

Sako will definitely go if we stay down.

Summed up correctly in two lines.

The prices for Championship strikers have been screwed by the McCormack deal and Afobe is way better. Sako we can only hope to keep if we go up. And that is still very much on.

Really? I would actually raise you on that..when we are out of the promotion race

No way they're going Fred.

PL teams wouldn't be overly interested in Dicko and Afobe would cost more than anyone would pay.

Afobe is definitely kicking ass and worth well beyond what we paid but I'm not quite ready to bracket him with Sylvan just yet. He's been great but it's early days after all.

When can Leon Clarke fuck off and give up his shirt number!

Adobe definitely has the touch of the Doog when closing in on goal. Bit stronger right foot and a yard or three quicker too.

Last edited:
Afobe is definitely kicking ass and worth well beyond what we paid but I'm not quite ready to bracket him with Sylvan just yet. He's been great but it's early days after all.

Hence why I said I think he could be better. His initial impact has been more potent than SEB's was and in the short space of time he's been with us, his variety of goals and techniques has been up there with SEB's best. Over the same period of time I think Benik could score twice the amount of goals

Back