• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

"Big" Clubs

Not on here but on British General football fora it can start some stonking arguments!

Holy trinity was late sixties though. Plus don't remember we had occasional huge crowds then too. Was it the Liverpool championship game when they estimate there was about 55k in Molineux even though the official crowd was lower.

The game against Leeds United in 1972 had us crammed in like sardines. I think the official attendance was just over 50,000, but there were many more than that inside Molineux.

Thank you Frank - I knew you would know on that seventies stuff. Pretty sure the Liverpool game the scallies were trying to get into the South Bank without tickets by any way they could when the gates were shut so I imagine that was a monster attendance as well.

Thank you Frank - I knew you would know on that seventies stuff. Pretty sure the Liverpool game the scallies were trying to get into the South Bank without tickets by any way they could when the gates were shut so I imagine that was a monster attendance as well.

Absolutely. Though it is nigh on impossible to know for sure, but I have always thought for both games that Molineux was at least 5,000 above capacity. And that is a conservative estimate.

Back