• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Interested to hear how Scott played for Bournemouth?
Clearly not especially good

Seeing lots of neutrals pleased that a GON Wolves side beat his old club
I think generally speaking the English media and neutral fans think GON was a bit hard done to by Bournemouth and want him to succeed.

Tuned into Sky at 10.30 to watch the highlights of our game. They're still wanging on about Man Utd 50 minutes after their game ended. 😤🙄

Goals aren’t as big a problem currently 11 from 9 games, first time for a while our goal’s exceeds games played.
We’ve had a hard start fixture wise so I think the points return is probably better than most including me expected.

Might save a bit of money living rent free in some people's heads.

Good win for us today. Only saw the first half and we were unlucky to be 1 down, really soft goal to concede and all 3 CB's were shite on it. But that was the only negative, bar Doc, he was fucking shit.

Some lovely interplay and movement from Neto, Cunha and Hwang and thought they carved out some really good opportunities.

Didn't see the 2nd half which I was gutted about given what happened. Really glad we played well and won.

Bournemouth fans crying that our player making the tackle on billing was in the area when the GK was taken. It was taken quickly so that rule doesn’t apply if the player doesn’t have time to clear the area. So some bright spark has chimed in with he had time to clear the area by running back over the goal line.

Fuck me they breed them thick on the south coast.

Always nice to beat the pox on football that is Bournemouth.

One for those thinking Neto was to blame for the poor pass out, it was a risky pass agreed but he got away with it and the fact that Billing fell over the ball it was his fault not Neto's.
Yeah, it’s needlessly dumb from Neto but Saša isn’t exactly close to Billing when he receives the ball.

Thought coms were overly harsh on blaming neto when the defender, who knows there are players nearby, is dawdling in his own box

It's refreshing to see a Wolves team for the first time in a long time which can score goals and finish well. Cunha's was a lovely hit, though arguably their keeper should have done a bit better, and the winner from Sasa was just pure class, so cool and composed. Gutted that our Neto didn't put the chance in the back of the net after than incredible bit of short passing play down the left hand side.

Great result for us.

Great 3 points against the sort of dross we've struggled against in recent years. I feared the worst when we went a goal down but 2 great finishes from Cunha and Sasa did the job. Neto was excellent again, the run in from the right in the first half with the shot that hit the post was unlucky, they went on and scored and I worried we would regret that miss.

Thought Tommy Doyle was excellent when he came on, encouraging to see a young English lad playing for us like that.

The sending off was correct, yes Hwang went down like a sack of shit but it happens against us enough and regardless of that, stick your headon someone and you walk.

Its a nice little run we're on right now, we'd all have jumped at 8 points from these 4 games and the table is looking pretty good now. That gap to the bottom looks like a gaping chasm considering the utter shit that's down there.

I was really happy for Gary O’Neil at the end going back there and sticking it well and truly up them, as much as he said it wasn't about him I bet that victory was the sweetest for him so far in his fledgling career.

Well done lads!

I may be on my own but I’m actually feeling a bit of an affinity for this squad now which hasn’t happened since the Nuno days.

Back