• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 8/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Jabbawolf

Reaction score
Diogo - I have removed you from my Fantasy Team - please make me pay a terrible price....

I took him out after about 3 weeks of the season. It didn't work...

So Brighton - Besiktas - Spurs. Where do we stand on resting players for Besiktas? I really want to top the group, but there's no guarantee of that, even if we beat Besiktas. I think I'd rest players on Thursday and take my chances in the last 32 of the Europa

Yeah, I don't think the seeding is going to matter too much and it's out of our hands anyway.

That game is a very distant third on the list of priorities.

absolutely. lets get 4pts from the other two and roll the dice in the europa game

There's not a player I'd pick for either of the Sunday games that I'd play on Thursday

If Brighton set up like they did last night with narrow wide players and Burn at LB, we can cause havoc with Adama and Doc.

They're a good team though who'll cause us problems on the ball, hopefully Trossard is on the bench again as he looks very decent indeed,

There's not a player I'd pick for either of the Sunday games that I'd play on Thursday

Literally no point resting Saiss, Donk and Rui. Jimenez is suspended, give Traore and Moutinho a rest plus Jonny/Doc. Rest Jota if he is carrying something.

We haven’t got enough players to make too many changes, particularly with MGW and Jordao injured/vanished.

Rui

Jonny
Bennett
Coady
Kilman
Vinagre

Donk
Saiss

Neto
Cutrone
Jota/???

First team for this game and then wholesale changes for Thursday

This.

Cutrone and Neto will play Thursday which is a given, after that it's anybody's guess what Nuno will do.

Yep, 100%. And I think Nuno will play his strongest 11 at every opportunity in the league until the reinforcements arrive in January and he can start giving a few of them a rest.

Ruddy, Bennett, Neto, Cutrone, Vinagre, Kilman will all definitely come in to the side v Besiktas. Then you'd imagine a sprinkling of youngsters and then maybe one or two of the regular first team (Coady and Saiss) to make up the 11. It should still be a side that's good enough to be competitive - but yeah, the league is definitely the priority.

With Man City/Liverpool coming up over Christmas I can't be the only one looking at this type of game (same as the West Ham game midweek) thinking if we want to stay in and around the top 6 we need to be winning this.

Jimenez isn't suspended?

10 superfan points to whoever first names the last Wolves player to score against Brighton (without cheating).

Back