• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cavaleiro

milsj099

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of debate about whether Cavaleiros heart is 'in the right place' and whether he is a useful part of the squad.

So made this video highlighting all his contribution to Wolves this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU50yPGLoMQ

I think considering it's his first year in English football he's done very well. Without his contribution I think we would definitely have a chance of going down on Sunday.

Don't think there's been much debate on here about Cavs contribution to the team and the positive effect on results when he plays...

Fair enough, Seen him come in for a lot of criticism on twitter however with Spiers questioning whether hes a team player.

Britney is a nonsense when it comes to player assessments. He very rarely criticises the little cabal of players he's got a bit pally with (Ikeme, Batth, Doherty and Edwards) and resorts to tired old bullshit about foreign players. Then there was the disaster that was his player-by-player assessment of 2015/16 when any outside observer would have thought we'd finished about 4th on 80 points.

I don't think I've ever seen him criticise Edwards, ask him how he feels about Dave currently being on a run of 1 goal in 18 games. Maybe he's trying to beat his run of 1 goal in 31 games from Nov 2015 - Oct 2016.

Incidentally, when Cav starts: 17 games, 7 wins (win percentage 41.1%), 28 goals scored (1.65 GPG); otherwise 28 games, 8 wins (win percentage 28.6%), 25 goals scored (0.89 GPG). That latter set includes our four opening games when he wasn't even here too. Without them it becomes 24 games, 6 wins (win percentage 25.0%), 18 goals scored (0.75 GPG).

I'm sure that's all just a massive coincidence though. More "team players" please.

And all that without championship experience

Cav sometimes overplays but I suspect a lot of that is waiting for most of the rest of them to move to a vaguely suitable position.

Incidentally, when Cav starts: 17 games, 7 wins (win percentage 41.1%), 28 goals scored (1.65 GPG); otherwise 28 games, 8 wins (win percentage 28.6%), 25 goals scored (0.89 GPG). That latter set includes our four opening games when he wasn't even here too. Without them it becomes 24 games, 6 wins (win percentage 25.0%), 18 goals scored (0.75 GPG).

I'm sure that's all just a massive coincidence though. More "team players" please.

This. His influence since Lambert has come in has been clear too. A really good example of his ability is the Fulham away game, IMO. Top class performance and he wasn't even fully fit at that point.

Been a fan of Cav from the start, he's far from perfect but should be a nailed on starter in that squad. I also think we have found his position as our no 10. There is also no doubt the impact he has on Costa's game. Tim deliberately gives shit scores to players outside the little gang to be controversial and get more clicks, comments etc...

I think he will be a massive player for us next year if he can shift Mr Consistent Edwards out the team. That's consistently offering nothing by the way....

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Edwards isn't going anywhere. WE ARE STUCK WITH HIM FOREVER!!

He'll get rid of Batth as captain this summer IMO. And appoint Edwards.

Captain Pointer will do us proud as he fails to track runs and gives the ball away under no pressure whatsoever.

Have no problem with Edwards as the Squad Captain as long as someone else is the captain on the field from the start of most games, his experience & time with Wolves will be useful in the dressing room (he may be useful in some & can Captain the on field team then)

Cavaleiro has been one of the brighter sparks this season - though it will have been a culture shock for him. Tendency to overplay, though how much of that is due to the others not being able to get into position is another issue.

Possibility of more to come from him next season.

I just wish Dave Edwards had the same strength as a player then he is as a person. He has to be one of the nicest footballers we've had at Molineux. Always got time for folk, first and last off to clap the fans without being told too. But after all that we shouldnt have that great a sentiment in football, it gets you nowhere.

302 games for Wolves. About 252 more than his talent deserves.

Great guy, occasionally justifies his presence but such a shit footballer and year after year after year it tells. He goes through spells where he contributes literally nothing. Literally every year. We still pick him.

Nothing against him as a person but I was sick of watching him eight years ago.

Useful as an 'elder statesman' on the bench, but only coming on the field during the game rarely & in very specific circumstances - anything more than that is unhelpful to say the least

Great guy, occasionally justifies his presence but such a shit footballer and year after year after year it tells. He goes through spells where he contributes literally nothing. Literally every year. We still pick him.

Yeah bang on. It winds me up when the old line of he can't be that bad if all those managers keep picking him is rolled out. Where are these managers now?

Yeah bang on. It winds me up when the old line of he can't be that bad if all those managers keep picking him is rolled out. Where are these managers now?

By selecting Edwards they bring forward their own departure date, Edwards creates an anti-football culture within the club.

Great guy, occasionally justifies his presence but such a $#@! footballer and year after year after year it tells. He goes through spells where he contributes literally nothing. Literally every year. We still pick him.

Bang on. We will never get promoted playing 30 games with 10 men (and that's being generous). I feel for Cav and Costa having to play with the tactics and players that they have had to.

Dave Edwards drives me nuts. If anyone (not the people on here) cared to watch him when we have possession it is a joke. He's often not even facing play, making no effort to receive the ball. He literally stands up front or makes runs into the channels behind the defence (this is not your job!), and points to the flanks with both arms looking like he is directing traffic trying to get it out wide so he can get his head on any cross. Unfortunately Our full backs can't cross, and as we've made no effort to move the defence around or get in behind it is just a hopeful floated ball from deep.

Then when we lose possession and he will sprint around putting pressure on and people think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Is it putting pressure on when you're behind their players, and running towards our goal?

Back