• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Claims to Fame

I have enjoyed reading some other crap claims to fame :)

Our band played on the same bill as a reformed Fuzzbox at a pub in Kings Heath.
I have played football with Keith Downing, Robbie Dennison and Steve Bull.
I spent a week drinking with Derek Dougan and Nigel Pearson (Speedway commentator on Sky Sports)
My step brothers are related to the person who made the first Davros in Doctor Who

Served Graham Turner in Boots, when I was 18 - decided to chase him up the arcade with a Boots paper bag to sign - he did.

Lost my cherry to a girl who was in the video for Club Tropicana - her previous partner was George Michael on his boat in the Med, prior to shooting aforementioned vid, so I suppose I stirred George Michael's porridge - a worrying thought!

Right bitches :)

I was on Tiswas
I was at Anfield in '96 for Liverpool/Newcastle
Oh and Glenn Hughes (ex Deep Purple and now BCC) is my second cousin(?), Grandads were brothers ( I don't know how family lineage works :) )

I had breakfast with Bonnie Tyler back in the 80s,at a hotel in Oslo. ;)

I would class this as a rubbish claim.

I had breakfast with Bonnie Tyler back in the 80s,at a hotel in Oslo. ;)

I would class this as a rubbish claim.

But was it a good night beforehand? :icon_wink:

Plus a memorable morning when I was verbally abused by Dick Emery.

actually 'honky tonk' was his usual way of trying to befriend people.

usual sports ones for me - have bumped into dion Dublin, Roy Hodgson, quite a few old villa players out clubbing. chatted with platt and dwight yorke (a few times). have pissed next to Ian brown. been on a conf call that Neil armstrong was also on.

actually 'honky tonk' was his usual way of trying to befriend people..

There is a story as to why (he wasn't just randomly verbally abusing people) & somehow I got the impression he wasn't trying to befriend me

:emot-fuckoff:[

I've starred in a feature on The One Show (including a live segment), and been interviewed live on Radios 4 and 5, as well as being interviewed on lots of local (mostly BBC) radio stations.

I nearly knocked Prince William over once, many years ago at Silverstone when I turned round from a doughnut stand without looking behind me and suddenly found myself face to face with him surrounded by a bunch of large gentlemen with bulges in their jackets.

My second cousin is Alan Hinton, whilst my first cousin is "the voice of the no.1 bus". My Grandad was Welsh boxing champion at his weight back in the 1930s.

I've met Sir Stirling Moss, Sir Jack Brabham, Jenson Button, Martin Brundle, Murray Walker, Richard Petty and many other racing drivers. I was also interviewed for a job at Jordan Grand Prix (but didn't get it). Got a great personal factory tour, mind you! As a child, I was lifted over the crowd barriers at the British GP by some Lotus mechanics and spent one of the practice sessions in the pit garage.

My best mate's aunt was in the same class as Sir Jackie Stewart, and her son is Eric Peters (the former Scottish international rugby player)

Someone I was in the same class as at infants and junior school's Dad was the first ever mascot at Molineux.

I got drunk with Noel and Liam Gallagher one night before they were famous when their gig got cancelled for selling five tickets.

I am very good friends with a premier league referee, does that count ?

I once saved Penk from plummeting to his death down a flight of stairs, problem was my reaction time was so slow I only ended up making a grab at his genitals, or so I lead him to believe :)

ps. Mrs Penk is a very lucky lady !!

I`ve met PPB twice

:icon_lol: And you were the perfect gent.

My biggest claim to fame was meeting Kenny Hibbitt with Dewsbury. Who then wrote about the meeting in his Yorkshire Wolves Mag. Which I know Kenny read. Just a smashing day all round really :)

Back